Meditation … any thought?

I feel it is more than looking at oneself … I actually think it is the real connection between oneself and the outer world.

I see it as a practice that when I am down or confused it gives me the chance to regain the necessary confidence and comfort that had been lost or weakened in recent days.

I often practice my own style .. it helps me induce a mode of consciousness and to realize some benefit. As a side effect it often promotes relaxation and feeling content. And as a consequence it builds internal energy which leads to developing compassion, love, patience, generosity and forgiveness.

It also helps me to enjoy a fresh sense of well-being while engaging with some life issues and activity.

Any thought on meditation?

Meditation is the greatest gift.

Life, and the world is so invasive I find it very hard to do successfully. It takes practise to keep the world at bay even for a short while, but when you find that place, the peace and joy seems so much more real than anything the world has to offer. It's bliss.

You really don't need drugs.

Meditation is the greatest gift.

Life, and the world is so invasive I find it very hard to do successfully. It takes practise to keep the world at bay even for a short while, but when you find that place, the peace and joy seems so much more real than anything the world has to offer. It's bliss.

You really don't need drugs.

Very much agree with you Anna, on all points. I don't meditate as much as I'd like to, but when I do, it is profoundly helpful.

I also find doing without drugs (and drink); works for me personally. I love not being intoxicated, which is a little unusual (and strange at parties).

---------- Post added 29-06-2015 at 00:44 ----------

I feel it is more than looking at oneself … I actually think it is the real connection between oneself and the outer world.

I see it as a practice that when I am down or confused it gives me the chance to regain the necessary confidence and comfort that had been lost or weakened in recent days.

I often practice my own style .. it helps me induce a mode of consciousness and to realize some benefit. As a side effect it often promotes relaxation and feeling content. And as a consequence it builds internal energy which leads to developing compassion, love, patience, generosity and forgiveness.

It also helps me to enjoy a fresh sense of well-being while engaging with some life issues and activity.

Any thought on meditation?

Thanks for posting this by the way. I really like discussing this kind of topic; it's a lot healthier than a lot of stuff that get's discussed around here!

How do you make yourself practice with any regularity? I find it hard, I find my mind gets engaged with thinking and problem solving, and it's like going down the rabbit hole, where one branch leads to another. In no time I become lost in thought. I need to be out of the rabbit hole, in the sun-shine, relaxed and free mind and in touch with my intuition.

You have never taken any kind of drug ever? Medical, alcohol, tobacco?

Course I have. (Never tried any A class though.)

I do appreciate that some drugs have broadened man's horizons, but still think meditation, when you get it right, beats the lot.

Waldo “ How do you make yourself practice with any regularity? I find it hard, I find my mind gets engaged with thinking and problem solving, and it's like going down the rabbit hole, where one branch leads to another. In no time I become lost in thought. I need to be out of the rabbit hole, in the sun-shine, relaxed and free mind and in touch with my intuition.”

What you pointed out makes a lot of sense and logical except that for meditation to continue being practiced - practiced on an individual scale .. eg like playing football on your own for a long time - I suspect requires higher degree of discipline for it to last. This in turn often comes out from deeper sense of pain with more rewarding results.

Your point also reminds me of smoking which I gave up fairly recently … I feel the longer one has been smoking the more persuasion a person needs doing to convince oneself that ultimately it is actually doable but takes a bit longer. My most difficult time is when I lose sight of my goal … often when strategy receives less thought details take over and the journey start taking different shape. Thanks for the compliment