Is the holiday abroad on its last legs due to terrorism .

The Basques, Welsh Firebombers and even the IRA were nothing compared to what challenges us now.

Equally it has sympathisers throughout the west......

Who do you think funded ETA, the IRA and Welsh nationalists if not Westerners?

---------- Post added 01-07-2015 at 18:47 ----------

It wil take a lot more than that to put us Brits off

We shall fight on the beaches....

Unfortunate quote in this context.

They were back in the day.We'd never even heard of Islamic Militants then.

Imagine cheap flights to a holiday destination where you would get bombed who'd want to travel there? Mr Laker made it pay.

My family moved to Wales for work, until the fire bombing encouraged everyone to move back into England proper and commute to work.

The Irish letter bombers attacked us on home soil.

Funnily enough i have acquaintances who moved to South Africa and still live in a fortified compound for protection, as do work colleagues in China.I have friends who witnessed a "hold up " on a tour bus in Jamaica and an execution.

Not a muslim in sight.

I do not see the connection between what happened between the late 60s to 9/11 and subsequent terrorist activity.

ISIS is funded by illegal oil sales and has therefore got massive financial support compared to what happened in previous decades.

They have killed more in a month than the IRA did throughout the Irish troubles. Your comparisons are fatuous.

---------- Post added 02-07-2015 at 13:02 ----------

Who do you think funded ETA, the IRA and Welsh nationalists if not Westerners?

---------- Post added 01-07-2015 at 18:47 ----------

Unfortunate quote in this context.

ETA and the IRA were funded largely by Libya and Czechoslovakia (acting as USSR proxy). Other funds were gathered from contributions from USA and from Robbery.

How about the idea that multi-cultural…….multi-faith…etc with Islam is just incompatible?

All of those countries need Western money more than we need their sunshine just pay more elsewhere and disengage from them unilaterally….they will all wither on the vine before we do.

They are just not worth the effort of engagement…..they live in a cultural vacuum…let them die in a cultural vacuum.....Just saying…….:)

How about the idea that multi-cultural…….multi-faith…etc with Islam is just incompatible?

All of those countries need Western money more than we need their sunshine just pay more elsewhere and disengage from them unilaterally….they will all wither on the vine before we do.

They are just not worth the effort of engagement…..they live in a cultural vacuum…let them die in a cultural vacuum.....Just saying…….:)

John Cocker, I agree with every word.

I am still going to be travelling to North Africa and holidaying where ever I please. I am not going to let some isolated events stop me from enjoying the world.

I find it strange that people refer to the so called "Cultural Vacuum" as being a negative thing, when many of the same people will complain about the lack of old fashioned british values. I have travelled extensively throughout North Africa and the Middle East and I find it refreshing to hear people talk about their ideologies and beliefs with such passion. There is also generally a strong family and community bond. I'm not denying that there are parts of the world that take things to the extreme, and ISIS and the like should be eradicated from the earth, but to tarnish all muslim people and communities with the same brush is wrong. I have met more multi-cultural and adaptable muslims, than I have non.

Preserving culture is not a bad thing, whether it be Abrabic, French, Spanish or English.