Is there a growing national consensus for action against ISIL?

Sorry but I don't think bombing sovereign countries and thus killing innocent people is going to make us safer.

Don't people learn about Iraq? That gave extremist groups a platform to go on to recruit as it 'proved' they were right.

War mongers and corporates love people that fall for the 'let's go and sort them out' brigade.

Persia, My how illiterate.:loopy:

---------- Post added 01-07-2015 at 20:01 ----------

Not very bright are you.

What, you don't know what Persia is? It is only what most Iranians call their country.

As for brightness, I'd like you to explain what a British Christian is in the context you used it in. Because for some reason I get the feeling you class all white Brits as Christian, which is rather ignorant.

Unfortunately money for that won't be forthcoming because all the major political parties would rather spend it on Trident subs that float around the Atlantic doing nothing, instead of combating a real and obvious threat.

Just so they can look big on the World stage.

This is a Middle Eastern problem.

The fanatic who shoots English tourists cannot use English foreign policy as an excuse whilst his chums are killing other Muslims by blowing up mosques in Kuwait.

No matter how hard they try to find an excuse for their actions that somehow implicates the West...I'm sorry It's balderdash.

They are a death cult, a stateless terrorist organisation. There is not one shred of excuse, reason or explanation that can make logical sense.

IMHO there isn't any point trying to understand them, it's like trying to understand a Nazi, and those that choose to go over there and support them should (hopefully) expect to blown up by a drone.

I still maintain however that there is a huge burden of responsibility on Arabic states to; stop selling us oil and using the funds to promote extremism; stop buying arms to oppress your people then sitting idly by and expect us to do your dirty work; pull your fingers out and either fight against extremism or admit you support it.

Saudi Arabia..I'm looking at you.

Those subs are required to keep Russian and China's bum muscles twitching.

What, you don't know what Persia is? It is only what most Iranians call their country.

As for brightness, I'd like you to explain what a British Christian is in the context you used it in. Because for some reason I get the feeling you class all white Brits as Christian, which is rather ignorant.

Iranian are you no wonder you're so hypersensitive.

Regarding ignorance you are the ignoramus for making stupid insinuations or maybe English is you second language.

---------- Post added 01-07-2015 at 22:18 ----------

Hey guys. Remember me? I asked how many troops it would take to destroy ISIS. What's your reply please? How can I allocate enough of my men if you don't know how many you need. And since someone seems to think there is a control and command HQ let me ask him why haven't we bombed it yet?

Ask Halibut.

We don't, we worship 'our' guys fighting the 'good fight'.

You could argue that but the 'we' would be 'British'. That grouping includes British Muslims who have as much influence over the decisions of our government as the rest of us.

The other key point to make is we don't generally choose our nationality. It is not as easy to stop being British as it is to choose to withdraw our membership from a club or group. It is reasonable to judge people on the choices they make but that obviously doesn't include things like race, gender or country of birth.

I used 'British Christian' as a grouping in response to someone asking if we should blame all Christians for the KKK. I pointed out that we don't have a problem with the KKK here and as such there is no problem for British Christians to solve... they are not a feeder group for extremists groups. I don't think there is even a problem in the USA with the teachings of Christian Churches pushing people down a path towards extremism like the KKK... if there is then members of the Churches involved have collective responsibility for it.

Iranian are you no wonder you're so hypersensitive.

Regarding ignorance you are the ignoramus for making stupid insinuations or maybe English is you second language.

---------- Post added 01-07-2015 at 22:18 ----------

Ask Halibut.

I am Dutch, have been since I was born. English is indeed my second language and yet my British degrees tell me that I can deduce correctly whether someone is racist or not from certain statements. Stop digging, you are not going to get out of the hole.

---------- Post added 02-07-2015 at 08:19 ----------

You could argue that but the 'we' would be 'British'. That grouping includes British Muslims who have as much influence over the decisions of our government as the rest of us.

The other key point to make is we don't generally choose our nationality. It is not as easy to stop being British as it is to choose to withdraw our membership from a club or group. It is reasonable to judge people on the choices they make but that obviously doesn't include things like race, gender or country of birth.

I used 'British Christian' as a grouping in response to someone asking if we should blame all Christians for the KKK. I pointed out that we don't have a problem with the KKK here and as such there is no problem for British Christians to solve... they are not a feeder group for extremists groups. I don't think there is even a problem in the USA with the teachings of Christian Churches pushing people down a path towards extremism like the KKK... if there is then members of the Churches involved have collective responsibility for it.

Westboro baptist church.

Westboro baptist church.

Yes, they definitely promote extremism but I didn't think they promoted racism (could be wrong)? Either way, yes, all members of that church deserve collective blame and have collective responsibility if the beliefs they propagate inspire others to cross the legal line and commit acts of terrorism.

Are members of the Westboro Baptish Church on the receiving end of collective blame and condemnation and, if so, do you think it is reasonable or unfair?

Yes, they definitely promote extremism but I didn't think they promoted racism (could be wrong)? Either way, yes, all members of that church deserve collective blame and have collective responsibility if the beliefs they propagate inspire others to cross the legal line and commit acts of terrorism.

Are members of the Westboro Baptish Church on the receiving end of collective blame and condemnation and, if so, do you think it is reasonable or unfair?

Yes they are, but they are also allowed to continue spewing their hatred against gays, Americans (I can't remember why) and so on under the free speech banner. They are not promoting racism afaik, but the vast majority (if not all) of the congregation is conveniently white. The odd thing is that extremist imams are not allowed to spew their messages of hate in the States...

Anyway, that as an aside, I already mentioned that I think there should be a committee of muslim representatives involved with answering this whole question of how to deal with the issue.