Is there a growing national consensus for action against ISIL?

None of which have anything to do with IS. None of it.

Sure the red tops and the BBC will have you believe all that but thats your fault. You should ignore their propaganda and look for yourself. Until you have im not really interested in discussing it further with you (no offence meant at all with that) so do yourself a favour. Start doing some digging.

Vague assertions that you understand this situation better than us and not going to get you anywhere.

If you have facts to back up your idea that the situation is significantly different from our perception of it then present them.

Otherwise I don't see why we should engage with you on the matter.

Surely leaving IS to continue their campaign is only going to make that issue worse.

IS arent our enemy. If they were wed have had multiple incidents over here by now. Look how allegedly violent and vicious they are. Look how fanatical they are. You seriously believe they woundt have done something by now?

Course they would. Unless you believe out spooks are keeping us safe? :hihi:

Sorry, i shouldnt laugh, im sure our secret service is top notch.

---------- Post added 29-06-2015 at 13:33 ----------

Vague assertions that you understand this situation better than us and not going to get you anywhere.

Dont listen to me then. Seriously, dont listen just do me a favour and research what the BBC and others say. Get some real info and then youll have a clearer picture. I didnt believe any of it until i started digging for myself. Its the only way to get properly educated about the situation.

---------- Post added 29-06-2015 at 13:35 ----------

"Watching and reading mainstream media will have you believe ISIL/ISIS/IS are the real threat when in fact they pose zero threat to us in the West".

You typed it, didn't you?

Are you suffering from some cognitive impairment?

No why? Would it make a diff if i was or would me being disabled in some way make you feel superior?

IS arent our enemy. If they were wed have had multiple incidents over here by now. Look how allegedly violent and vicious they are. Look how fanatical they are. You seriously believe they woundt have done something by now?

Course they would. Unless you believe out spooks are keeping us safe? :hihi:

Sorry, i shouldnt laugh, im sure our secret service is top notch.

---------- Post added 29-06-2015 at 13:33 ----------

Dont listen to me then. Seriously, dont listen just do me a favour and research what the BBC and others say. Get some real info and then youll have a clearer picture. I didnt believe any of it until i started digging for myself. Its the only way to get properly educated about the situation.

I read plenty.

Since you refuse to cite sources or even explain yourself I'm offering you one last opportunity to do so before I give up on this conversation.

Of course the police and 5 have been successfully countering extremist attacks in the UK. The fact that they do so without shouting about it from the rooftops just makes me respect and appreciate them all the more.

I read plenty.

Since you refuse to cite sources or even explain yourself I'm offering you one last opportunity to do so before I give up on this conversation.

I gave up a while ago mate. Ive no time for people who wont do some graft for themselves and expect others to provide information for them.

If your bothered in any way about the truth then youll start looking now.

Im betting you wont though but hey, thats your loss my friend :)

No why? Would it make a diff if i was
Yes, as I would simply refrain from wasting my time if you can't hold a reasonable and objective conversation.

or would me being disabled in some way make you feel superior?
:roll:

You obviously don't know me much on here.

No reason why you should, mind...but you just couldn't be further from the truth if you tried. Hard.

I gave up a while ago mate. Ive no time for people who wont do some graft for themselves and expect others to provide information for them.

If your bothered in any way about the truth then youll start looking now.

Im betting you wont though but hey, thats your loss my friend :)

Okay. I'm assuming that you made it up. Shame, I thought we were going to have an interesting debate there for a moment. Never mind. :huh:

If you have facts to back up your idea that the situation is significantly different from our perception of it then present them.

Otherwise I don't see why we should engage with you on the matter.

All previous western interventions have resulted in the Islamic extremism growing. It is a hydra strategy and we really should learn the lesson.

We need to protect ourselves by focusing on the home grown problem. We need British Muslims to become much more moderate so it is much harder for the extremism to get a grip of their young. We need to starve the extremism, not feed it.

How is this to be achieved?

That's a debate still to be had. Problem is we are still in denial about what needs to happen and until we overcome that we can't have a sensible discussion about how.

Do you not think it needs to happen?