Is there a growing national consensus for action against ISIL?

I really don't know, I would propose an Islamic council of diaspora muslims to provide the answer for that.

Why should the Muslims have to sort it out. Its everyones problem. You dont see people demanding a council of Christians to meet to deal with the KKK, white supremacists etc.

Why should the Muslims have to sort it out. Its everyones problem. You dont see people demanding a council of Christians to meet to deal with the KKK, white supremacists etc.

It is everybody's problem, but ...

As Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri said: "It is the responsibility of Muslims, as well as the wider community, to deal with radicalisation"

As Mansoor Moghal wrote: "Instead of endlessly pointing the finger at others, the Muslim communities should face up to their own responsibilities".

As I have repeatedly said responsibility is not the same as blame. If an event is to held in a mosque where Salafi-jihadih views are going to be preached, who can protest it but a Muslim? If intolerant speech about non-Muslims is shouted in a University Islamic Society, who will hear it and can address it but a Muslim?

It's everybody's problem equally, but we cannot address it equally.

We have to work using intelligence and secret service personel and people being vigilant.

Unfortunately money for that won't be forthcoming because all the major political parties would rather spend it on Trident subs that float around the Atlantic doing nothing, instead of combating a real and obvious threat.

Just so they can look big on the World stage.

This is a Middle Eastern problem.

The fanatic who shoots English tourists cannot use English foreign policy as an excuse whilst his chums are killing other Muslims by blowing up mosques in Kuwait.

No matter how hard they try to find an excuse for their actions that somehow implicates the West...I'm sorry It's balderdash.

They are a death cult, a stateless terrorist organisation. There is not one shred of excuse, reason or explanation that can make logical sense.

IMHO there isn't any point trying to understand them, it's like trying to understand a Nazi, and those that choose to go over there and support them should (hopefully) expect to blown up by a drone.

I still maintain however that there is a huge burden of responsibility on Arabic states to; stop selling us oil and using the funds to promote extremism; stop buying arms to oppress your people then sitting idly by and expect us to do your dirty work; pull your fingers out and either fight against extremism or admit you support it.

Saudi Arabia..I'm looking at you.

Unfortunately money for that won't be forthcoming because all the major political parties would rather spend it on Trident subs that float around the Atlantic doing nothing, instead of combating a real and obvious threat.

Just so they can look big on the World stage.

This is a Middle Eastern problem.

The fanatic who shoots English tourists cannot use English foreign policy as an excuse whilst his chums are killing other Muslims by blowing up mosques in Kuwait.

No matter how hard they try to find an excuse for their actions that somehow implicates the West...I'm sorry It's balderdash.

They are a death cult, a stateless terrorist organisation. There is not one shred of excuse, reason or explanation that can make logical sense.

IMHO there isn't any point trying to understand them, it's like trying to understand a Nazi, and those that choose to go over there and support them should (hopefully) expect to blown up by a drone.

I still maintain however that there is a huge burden of responsibility on Arabic states to; stop selling us oil and using the funds to promote extremism; stop buying arms to oppress your people then sitting idly by and expect us to do your dirty work; pull your fingers out and either fight against extremism or admit you support it.

Saudi Arabia..I'm looking at you.

Saudi is an interesting player in all this, the simple fact is that they can't get involved because it will rip that state apart quicker than they can say Inshallah. Same for Persia. The whole Middle-East will burn if all countries start to get involved.

Well the Saudis have used a prolonged bombing campaign in Yemen - so if you're their "wrong" type of muslim:

Sunni (Saudi, Wahhabi, IS, AQAP)v Shia (Iran, Houthi) and you carry a "threat" to their trade route - then they will get involved.

BIG explosion in Yemen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av8GElKdT5Q

There are plenty who are attached to Saudis purse string, both home and away.

If British Christians were raising their kids in such a way that a grossly disproportionate number grew up to embraced the extremism of the KKK, then we'd demand action to stop it. The threat, the cost of policing it and the erosion of freedoms would all be deemed unacceptable. But we have no such problem and the people of other religions have no valid complaint and Christians no extremism problem to fix.

When a religion ceases to be a matter of personal choice and one of national security then it is fair to say there is a problem that needs addressing and Muslims need to sort the problem for two reasons. Firstly, only they can do anything to change it. Secondly, it will lead to indiscriminate retaliation if they don't. Fair or not... that's the reality.

If British Christians were raising their kids in such a way that a grossly disproportionate number grew up to embraced the extremism of the KKK, then we'd demand action to stop it. The threat, the cost of policing it and the erosion of freedoms would all be deemed unacceptable. But we have no such problem and the people of other religions have no valid complaint and Christians no extremism problem to fix.

When a religion ceases to be a matter of personal choice and one of national security then it is fair to say there is a problem that needs addressing and Muslims need to sort the problem for two reasons. Firstly, only they can do anything to change it. Secondly, it will lead to indiscriminate retaliation if they don't. Fair or not... that's the reality.

We don't, we worship 'our' guys fighting the 'good fight'. Also, what is a British christian?

Hey guys. Remember me? I asked how many troops it would take to destroy ISIS. What's your reply please? How can I allocate enough of my men if you don't know how many you need. And since someone seems to think there is a control and command HQ let me ask him why haven't we bombed it yet?