19 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win

• Nibali
    • Quintana
    • Contador
    • Froome
    • Someone else

Exactly.

Unlike with Armstrong where there was a ton of evidence including many close to him saying for years before he admitted it that he was doping to my knowledge there has been no such evidence against Froome.

In view of whats happened in the past you can understand people questioning whether the sport is clean now but you cant simply pick on a rider because he is doing well and acuse him of doping which is what appears to be happening here and Sky have a pretty good record of being clean unlike some of the other teams (Astana)

Oh yes, I can understand people questioning, but the answer to that is to improve the testing and the whole ethos of doping needs to change. The answer is not ever deeper suspicion of everybody who does well, leading all the way up to physical assault.

I wish the French police would pull their finger out - there's enough TV imagery to locate, shame, and prosecute the scum who are assaulting any rider, let alone the Yellow Jersey...

Well done Froome! I find him a much more likeable character than Wiggins I must say. Wiggins is too moody for me, he blows hot and cold.

Due to the rain, the time that the cyclist get when they cross the finish line on the first circuit will be their finishing time when they finish the race. Because of the this peloton will not push hard to chase down any breakaway, so will Sagan finally get his stage with a breakaway win?

Absolutely disgusing behaviour fron some spectators...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/33659893

The French have a history of attacking foreign winners. Gino Bartali of Italy was punched in the face while wearing the Maillot Jaune years ago, creating an International crisis between France and Italy that kept Italian riders out of the Tour for years. Now it was Chris's turn to be attacked for daring to win two tours. No Frenchman ever suggested that Bernard Hinault was using drugs though he won five tours. Lance Armstrong hurt this great event more than anyone.

---------- Post added 27-07-2015 at 14:31 ----------

Absolutely disgusing behaviour fron some spectators...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/33659893

Attacks on foreign winners by French spectators go back a long way. Gino Bartali of Italy was winning back in the 1950s when he was punched in the face by a French spectator. This caused an International incident between the twp countries, with Italy pulling its riders out of the race for some years. Chris Froome was attacked because he was winning a second race. So why did no Frenchman accuse Bernard Hinault of drugs after he won five Tours?

• 4 weeks later...