Who is going to win  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win

• Nibali
    • Quintana
    • Contador
    • Froome
    • Someone else

Agree amazing performance from Froome and team Sky.

Think Contador might need an extra portion of his "special" steak after today!

Very reminiscent of the stage where he ran Quintana into the ground in 2013. Nobody could even get close to him!

Very reminiscent of the stage where he ran Quintana into the ground in 2013. Nobody could even get close to him!

Up the Ventoux - fantastic that was, just like yesterday. Froome looked like he was chucking a whitey for a moment, then just exploded out of the blocks. Nibbles looked a bit queasy for a while...

I did the last 10k with them, in the gym on the Watt Bike, and kept up!

Don't start measuring power output that'll spoil it.

Looks like the Sky team are crucial to keeping Froome at the front. The little surges by Contador and others were painfully slow to be brought back. But they didn't have enough to make the gap. It's so close.

Does everyone have to have one bad day? I hope not.

Oh poor Geraint Thomas, taken out by someone else and going head first into a telegraph pole and then down a huge bank. It's clear that his tour is over, but I really hope that he's not too badly injured.

EDIT- well <removed> me, he's got himself out of the ditch and is only a couple of minutes behind. He will be black and blue but he's clearly hard as nails.

Oh poor Geraint Thomas, taken out by someone else and going head first into a telegraph pole and then down a huge bank. It's clear that his tour is over, but I really hope that he's not too badly injured.

EDIT- well <removed> me, he's got himself out of the ditch and is only a couple of minutes behind. He will be black and blue but he's clearly hard as nails.

Luckily "G"managed to finish only 10 seconds or so behind the rest of the other GC contents, so hopefully no major damage was done.

I guess the old adage that - the rider that is willing to suffer more than everyone else who is the eventual winner, helps the cyclist to get through such incidents. In Floyd Landis's biography he talks about needing a substantial amount of dental work after grinding his teeth down during a climb!

They hammered me today on the watt bike. I still had 1k to go when the winner finished. I averaged a miserable 38.3kph.

Bardet did get a nudge just as he was lining up the corner which left him having to go straight on. Just inches in it. Racing incident.