Give Sheffield Airport a chance.

Yep but you need 2 days to walk from one side of Schiphol to the other ;)

Nope, they have big moving walkways you can stand on and take you the long distances without walking.

Edited by dutch

Nope, they have big rolling walkways you can stand on and take you the long distances without walking.

As above, hence the wink.

I did Like Schiphol- Beer and Suausage Roll special (and I could order it in Dutch!) and Smoked Eel - yum!

Another runway proposed at Heathrow, as though it's not big enough already, the alternative is Gatwick, why not give other cities a chance to create new jobs, London London, all the flipping time, they are only proposals and the goverment has the say on where, so don't hold your breath thinking any other city is going to get a chance while this lot are in.:suspect:

So are you suggesting that we enlarge Sheffield Airport and then put on shuttle buses to London? Maybe we could rename the airport London North?

So are you suggesting that we enlarge Sheffield Airport and then put on shuttle buses to London? Maybe we could rename the airport London North?

Is kind of funny this all happens within a week from cancelling MML electrification to not safe but redirect money.

---------- Post added 02-07-2015 at 09:26 ----------

I rather listen to the sound of the birds than an airplane taking off.

Is kind of funny this all happens within a week from cancelling MML electrification to not safe but redirect money.

Isn't Heathrow owned by BAA,a private company? Won't they be paying the lion's share for the expansion?

Edited by truman

I think there is a lot of confusion between Robin Hood Airport (which is in Donny and nearly 20 miles away from Sheffied) and Sheffield Airport which has been closed for years. I agree though that Sheffield should have an airport and I think the catchment area justifies it.

I think there is a lot of confusion between Robin Hood Airport (which is in Donny and nearly 20 miles away from Sheffied) and Sheffield Airport which has been closed for years. I agree though that Sheffield should have an airport and I think the catchment area justifies it.

Does not work that way.

If you are a small isolated island with little population you will have an airport.

If you are like Sheffield, a smallish city that is called a town by many with 3 hotspot airports nearby you will not get another airport within that catchment area.

Hate to break it to some of you but the brand new development Factory 2050 by the AMRC has been built on the runway of the now disused airport so there will never be any planes landing there again.