Dog friendly beaches

*Peaches*

Hi all

I have the day off on Friday and want to take my dog to the beach. Is Cleethorpes the nearest or are there some I may not have heard of?

we had a fab day in Bridlington on Friday, but Cleethorpes is probably closer. This time of year the beaches tend to be open to dogs but I'd check just in case - there are always areas where dogs are allowed at Brid and Cleethorpes, if all else fails.

Runswick bay is brilliant and dog friendly all year round, as is RHB. Whitby (abbey side) has two small bits of beach that dogs can go on but they get a bit dicey with things washing up from sea that could harm dogs. Whitby beach is dog friendly except from may 1st to begin Oct I think but there is a stretch of beach from pavillion beach huts to the valley that remains ok for dogs.

Saltburn beach is also dog friendly.

Whitby has ace walks along cinder track and a little place called falling Foss is lovely- but the tea stop is closed until beginning of March. There are lots of dog friendly eating places too, cafes, pubs etc.

As far as I know mablethorpe/cleethorpes/Sutton are dog friendly out of season.