Have you moved away from Sheffield?

Re post by "upinwath" - whereabouts are you in Indonesia ? - I moved my engineering/heavy fabrication business to Malaysia, area by the name of Wangsa Baiduri, Subang Jaya, State of Selangor in 2006.

I agree with you Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei etc - excellent places to live and work - I love the weather and the relaxing lifestyle not to mention the low prices. - 9-38pm Wednesday and "it ain't 'alf 'ot Mum"

Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya, Malaysia

I moved away many yrs ago, lived all over the world, I had married an american, I have now lived in Colorado for 25 yrs...Gods country, been home manty times over the yeras, BUT three years ago I went home for holiday.....and was shocked. no Sheffield is not the Sheffield I remember, and England not the England......down town , so many languages , sorry I loved sheffield, people on what are they called boubers, veils, robes , what ever ....not for me.I will always value my child hood there and friends, but could never live there again

I moved away many yrs ago, lived all over the world, I had married an american, I have now lived in Colorado for 25 yrs...Gods country, been home manty times over the yeras, BUT three years ago I went home for holiday.....and was shocked. no Sheffield is not the Sheffield I remember, and England not the England......down town , so many languages , sorry I loved sheffield, people on what are they called boubers, veils, robes , what ever ....not for me.I will always value my child hood there and friends, but could never live there again

My thoughts exactly, Sheffield was great growing up, not a place that I would want to be now. I miss the old Sheffield, I don;t miss to-days Sheffield.

I've worked all over the world and now live in Thailand for the past 16 years.

Lived in Darnall and then Richmond growing up.

Married, went to Wincobank and then Handsworth.

Now live in Sudbury,Ontario,Canada - love it.

Sheffield was great as a kid but not now.

HI Kay I live in Portdover ont and lived in Canada 37 years before i came here I lved in Tinsley Sheffield Ihave been back once and did not recognize the place Brian

I lived Sheffield for over 20 years, born & raised there, went back every single year for the following 40 years , I think I've spent more time in Sheffield than a lot of people on the Sheffield Forum have, won't be going back again though...been there done that :D

Hi Brian ( HAMPSON )

Never been to PortDover. Go lots of places for car shows as my hubby loves cars especially Jags.

He's born and bred Sheffield too.

We go back to Sheffield once a year to visit and do some business there.

Always happy to come home to Canada.

Kay1965

Archived