Tapton School: Offence Face Off

I can't believe there are still people so backward they believe that.

Still, you learn something hew everyday.

you better get forward Halibut, i can quite firmly say that within the Sheffield Social Services, you are not to say blackboard , you are instructed to say whiteboard, imho if blackboard is racist why not whiteboard?

i think i am safe in saying that goes for the NHS as well

Guest sibon
you better get forward Halibut, i can quite firmly say that within the Sheffield Social Services, you are not to say blackboard , you are instructed to say whiteboard, imho if blackboard is racist why not whiteboard?

I'm not familiar with the Sheffield Social Services policy on saying "blackboard", so I'll accept your claim. I can't see how SSS have much use for blackboards though.

I'm very familiar with Sheffield Education policy and I can confirm that you are free to call a board whatever you like in Sheffield schools. The normal practice is to call a black board a" blackboard", and a white board a "whiteboard".

Hope that helps:rolleyes:

I'm not familiar with the Sheffield Social Services policy on saying "blackboard", so I'll accept your claim. I can't see how SSS have much use for blackboards though.

I'm very familiar with Sheffield Education policy and I can confirm that you are free to call a board whatever you like in Sheffield schools. The normal practice is to call a black board a" blackboard", and a white board a "whiteboard".

Hope that helps:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info,

I would say the perception of a blackboard for my generation, is one of those green boards on the wall that you used chalk on. i dont think they exist these days,

the boards these days use a "black" non permanent felt tip.

Utter hogwash. There are no blackboards in the NHS or Social Services.

---------- Post added 04-07-2015 at 12:53 ----------

Thanks for the info,

I would say the perception of a blackboard for my generation, is one of those green boards on the wall that you used chalk on. i dont think they exist these days,

It's not ''black'', it's black.

Thanks for the info,

Utter hogwash. There are no blackboards in the NHS or Social Services.

Cant you read,or just eat up with your own bit :hihi:

Cant you read,or just eat up with your own bit :hihi:

You don't think they exist these days; yeah, that'd be why you were telling us you're not allowed to use a name for something that isn't actually there.

We didnt have prayer rooms when i was at school . Religion has no place in schools.

Reactionary and progressive comments in a 16 word reply, well done.

You must be thinking of the USA or France and I wholeheartedly agree, especially when its such a touchy subject these days.

In the UK an act of collective worship used to be one of the few obligatory duties of a school. Maybe it still is, perhaps someone can tell us.

You don't think they exist these days; yeah, that'd be why you were telling us you're not allowed to use a name for something that isn't actually there.

Your getting there Halibut