Tapton School: Offence Face Off

The problem here is that the school has given the room a name and a set purpose. As far as I know, many Muslims regard depictions of any human figure as potentially idolatrous, so the picture would be offensive just on that ground. However, during Ramadan, Muslims are trying not to have any impure thoughts as they avoid sex as well as fast, so breasts could be seen as unhelpful whatever they're being used for. If the room was designated as a Quiet Room, then the problem would be completely the users rather than school's, but as it seems to be a prayer room, therein lies the issue. Christians pray wherever they are, they don't technically need a special place, but Muslims have a set ritual to perform, hence the room.

The problem here is that the school has given the room a name and a set purpose. As far as I know, many Muslims regard depictions of any human figure as potentially idolatrous, so the picture would be offensive just on that ground. However, during Ramadan, Muslims are trying not to have any impure thoughts as they avoid sex as well as fast, so breasts could be seen as unhelpful whatever they're being used for. If the room was designated as a Quiet Room, then the problem would be completely the users rather than school's, but as it seems to be a prayer room, therein lies the issue. Christians pray wherever they are, they don't technically need a special place, but Muslims have a set ritual to perform, hence the room.

Even if they were being used to feed a child?

If some over sensitive religious fanatic gets upset about something as natural as breast feeding then heir is little hope for them.

Put the posters back where they were, this is not one of those backward countries, and let those that choose to be offended fill their boots.

Is that whatl we do now in the UK .. pander to a zealots?

If some over sensitive religious fanatic gets upset about something as natural as breast feeding then heir is little hope for them.

Put the posters back where they were, this is not one of those backward countries, and let those that choose to be offended fill their boots.

Is that whatl we do now in the UK .. pander to a zealots?

it wasn't the Muslims that were offended or requested removal of the painting.

Do try to keep up x

What happened in school asssemblies when you were at school?

---------- Post added 04-07-2015 at 00:34 ----------

Which schools banned "ba ba black sheep"?

Tell you what, I'll help you out answering that: no schools banned "ba ba black sheep".

Well here you go from the BBC website. I'm sure it happened in Sheffield as well but it certainly happened here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4782856.stm

Guest sibon
Did you actually read the link? They sing lots of different words, one of which is "black", so it isn't a case of banning anything.

Many of the kids singing about rainbow sheep will be young adults by now.

Perhaps Mally was scarred by the experience:)

In a nutshell its politically correct leftwingers again causing the problem. Muslims dont have a problem with it. Her parents dont have a problem with it.

It seems all the time there are a group of left wingers that find offence to everything think other groups feel the same and act without thinking. Banning ba ba blacksheep in schools is another example of this.

I would consider myself on The Left and would find no offence whatsoever in public breastfeeding or the artistic depiction of it if anything I would imagine it being someone of a conservative persuasion who would be offended.Of course don't let this put you off making your usual tedious,ill-judged thoughtless contributions!

I would consider myself on The Left and would find no offence whatsoever in public breastfeeding or the artistic depiction of it if anything I would imagine it being someone of a conservative persuasion who would be offended.Of course don't let this put you off making your usual tedious,ill-judged thoughtless contributions!

Well the right wing wouldnt be offended by it. The muslims who frequent the school arnt offended by it see earlier posts. So who is?

Guest sibon
Well the right wing wouldnt be offended by it. The muslims who frequent the school arnt offended by it see earlier posts. So who is?

You seem to be the only one taking offence at any of this. Nobody else seems offended by the picture, or by the moving of the picture.

It is all in your wooly minded, right-wing, anti-lentil eating brain.:)