Tapton School: Offence Face Off

You seem to be the only one taking offence at any of this. Nobody else seems offended by the picture, or by the moving of the picture.

It is all in your wooly minded, right-wing, anti-lentil eating brain.:)

I'm not offended by the picture at all. I just find moving it silly. Why are they moving it then?

Guest sibon
I'm not offended by the picture at all. I just find moving it silly. Why are they moving it then?

I didn't say that you were offended by the picture.

Perhaps you should slow down and read more carefully. It might spare the rest of us, some of your repetitively dull contributions.

You seem to be the only one taking offence at any of this. Nobody else seems offended by the picture, or by the moving of the picture.

It is all in your wooly minded, right-wing, anti-lentil eating brain.:)

It is said muslims would be offended by it during ramadan, are you saying sibon, during ramadan prayer a picture of a lady breastfeeding is inappropriate. or are the teachers of Tapton School going OTT about it?

Why didn't they leave the picture up and if the people using the room to pray found it offensive they could have just covered it up using sheet while in the room?

I remember when we used a church room to pray in many years ago and there was a statue of Jesus on a cross on the wall, we draped a sheet over the statue while using the room and removed the sheet when we had finished.

Guest sibon
It is said muslims would be offended by it during ramadan, are you saying sibon, during ramadan prayer a picture of a lady breastfeeding is inappropriate. or are the teachers of Tapton School going OTT about it?

I'm saying that the school made a respectful decision to move the picture to another place. Nobody has been offended at all (except for a couple of right-wing SF frothers).

Well done to the school.

Why didn't they leave the picture up and if the people using the room to pray found it offensive they could have just covered it up using sheet while in the room?

I remember when we used a church room to pray in many years ago and there was a statue of Jesus on a cross on the wall, we draped a sheet over the statue while using the room and removed the sheet when we had finished.

City Road crematorium

I am happy that I am not the only one to question if there are prayer rooms in schools.. do they have them for all religions? and is there a nice place for the atheists to go spend time?

Religion and schools should not mix at all. I objected throughout my whole schooldays to being bullyingly subjected to Christian teachings which clearly made no sense, even to my 5 year old (at the time) brain.

Richard

That seems perfectly sensible.

I go to S.E Asia many times a year, we get told by the authorities not to eat in public during daylight hours during ramadan, it is disrespectful. may be this is what they are thinking?