2015- July Budget

So that's a no then you don't have a link to the article in question, just a news story with spin on it about the article in question.

Oh please yourself. The IMS (Institute of Mathematical Statistics) sounds like a pretty reliable, independent source to me. You asked where I'd got the information. I told you.

Watch it for yourself and decide. Talking of spin - nobody does it better than weasly George Osborne...

Tax credit changes could hit three million families, which are likely to lose an average of £1,000

---------- Post added 09-07-2015 at 16:34 ----------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33463864

---------- Post added 09-07-2015 at 16:35 ----------

According to its calculations, by 2020:

A low-earning single parent with one child, working 20 hours a week at £9.35 an hour, will be £1,000 a year worse off.

A low-earning dual-earner couple with two children will be £850 a year worse off

A middle-earning dual-earner couple with two children, each earning £15 a hour, will be £350 better off, as a result of increases in the personal tax allowance.

Tax credit changes could hit three million families, which are likely to lose an average of £1,000

A low-earning single parent with one child, working 20 hours a week at £9.35 an hour, will be £1,000 a year worse off.

A low-earning dual-earner couple with two children will be £850 a year worse off

A middle-earning dual-earner couple with two children, each earning £15 a hour, will be £350 better off, as a result of increases in the personal tax allowance.

I think I might be taking back a lot of what I said then. That is absolutely awful taking £1000 off someone on low pay. I presume that means someone working and not just on benefits?

accounted for the tax threshold (which only goes up £600 by the way). things like removal of tax credits means thousands of families are worse off and will be progressively worse off.

called it!.....:makes me sad :(

Edited by phoenixboy
sad......

Thankyou. Tell that to Obelix

Oh please yourself. The IMS (Institute of Mathematical Statistics) sounds like a pretty reliable, independent source to me. You asked where I'd got the information. I told you.

Watch it for yourself and decide. Talking of spin - nobody does it better than weasly George Osborne...

No I asked you for a LINK to the information in question.

Which as ever, you failed to provide.

Please don't lie about what I did or did not ask you for.

---------- Post added 09-07-2015 at 16:54 ----------

By definition :)

If the average goes up though then there's no reason that the average person (ie 50% of people) can't get a degree.

I think changing something as innate as intelligence (as opposed to eduction) is going to be very difficult bar employing genetic engineering....

---------- Post added 09-07-2015 at 16:56 ----------

Thankyou. Tell that to Obelix

Whats up anna? Still thorwing toys?

Link to the report would be nice - not to one about people talking about select bits of it...

I'm looking here... http://imstat.org/en/index.html as you suggested... but they have nothing about the UK budget at all...

Sure you don't mean the institute for fiscal studies?

If you don't have it then say so. It's not a problem if you don't (well it's not to me you seem to take it personally but hey that's nothing new)

Edited by Obelix