2015- July Budget

In my ideal Utopia I would licence people to have kids. Put something in the water to keep em infertile until they have passed a suitability test and then give em the antidote...

But moving back to reality for a moment - this seems like a good start, yes.

Tax credits and Universal Credit to be restricted to two children, affecting those born after April 2017.

Why not 9 months from now...........Why do these changes come into place from 2017?

There will be a huge baby boom from now till then with scroungers trying to knock 3 kids before the deadline.

Yes, I wondered if there'd be a baby boom. It could have been brought forward to a year from now.

That's pretty much exactly what it means. There are a lot of low emission cars on the road that fall within lower, or even zero tax bracket at the moment, and that is forecast to be as high as 35% in the next few years. So Gideon has changed it to make only zero emission cars pay zero tax. Everyone else will pay either a standard tax rate of £140 per year, or a higher rate, which he didn't disclose. I'm guessing the latter will only apply to serious gas guzzlers.

Vehicle Excise Duty changes:

Changes for cars registered after 1st April 2017.

Only cars with zero CO2 emissions will have zero VED.

First year rates vary according to VED. Cars emitting over 255g/km will pay £2,000 first year tax.

All cars irrespective of CO2 will pay £140 per year.

Premium cars (list price over £40k) will have to pay a supplementary VED of £310 per year for the first 5 years (i.e. £450 per year).

was there anything in the budget about closing tax loophole so that companies who earn profits in the UK have to pay them here too?

Or was it just a bunch of tory buffoons picking on the little guy again?

Vehicle Excise Duty changes:

Changes for cars registered after 1st April 2017.

Only cars with zero CO2 emissions will have zero VED.

First year rates vary according to VED. Cars emitting over 255g/km will pay £2,000 first year tax.

All cars irrespective of CO2 will pay £140 per year.

Premium cars (list price over £40k) will have to pay a supplementary VED of £310 per year for the first 5 years (i.e. £450 per year).

You can see the prices of 1 year old cars going up...

I do not own a company so did not pay attention. The fact that people can breed and have a good life on benefits is something I see everyday so I did pay attention. A limit is good for lots of reasons including over population

In my ideal Utopia I would licence people to have kids. Put something in the water to keep em infertile until they have passed a suitability test and then give em the antidote...

But moving back to reality for a moment - this seems like a good start, yes.

Your Utopia sounds like hell!