Fascists to Invade Sheffield. £500K Bill For Policing

Guest sibon

Also as an aside why is it Wetherspoons ban football shirts. Presumably to stop trouble. Yet a guy can walk into the Bankers Draft proudly wearing an EDL shirt to cheers from the drunken yobs downstairs without a word from the staff (I was upstairs having breakfast).

Do you have any class at all ?

Now I may be accused of defending the EDL. I'm not I cannot stand their sub human brand of politics. But two things I have noticed. The only time we have problems is when the antifacists protest against them as the EDL are attention seeking yobs. So if the UAF didnt protest. We would need a lot less officers as the EDL would get bored as there is no one to fight and disappear back to the pub.

With logic like that you'd have let Hitler walk all over us and the lads of the RAF were attention seeking yobs.

With logic like that you'd have let Hitler walk all over us and the lads of the RAF were attention seeking yobs.

Right firstly this was a protest (not an invasion like Hitler did) so you cannot compare the two.

Ask yourself the question why do these scumbags march? Do they do it because they feel a moral obligation to protect the public? No of course not they want a fight and an argument.

Therefore take away anyone to fight with and their communal braincell will get bored and they will go back to the pub.

Therefore take away anyone to fight with and their communal braincell will get bored and they will go back to the pub.

You really think so? I expect they'd go rioting in the local area instead.

Do you have any class at all ?

It actually used to be an alright pub till they closed the cannon. So now downstairs its full of alcholics but upstairs its normal folk just wanting a cheap breakfast. I like a full english and cannot be bothered to cook it so go here.

---------- Post added 04-07-2015 at 19:49 ----------

You really think so? I expect they'd go rioting in the local area instead.

But if no one took them on and just ignored them. Sent them to Coventry they would get bored.

It actually used to be an alright pub till they closed the cannon. So now downstairs its full of alcholics but upstairs its normal folk just wanting a cheap breakfast. I like a full english and cannot be bothered to cook it so go here.

Thanks for the clarification; I've seen the toothless drunks hanging outside so I've never bothered to venture indoors.

As for your question as why the staff don't kick them out, I believe it's so the local Police can keep a close eye on them.

---------- Post added 04-07-2015 at 19:53 ----------

But if no one took them on and just ignored them. Sent them to Coventry they would get bored.

Do you really think the E- E- EDL would simply walk back quietly to the train station and go home if the UAF or the Police didn't turn up?

They're drunk and ready for a confrontation, so I fear they'll get one no matter what. Having the Police there keeping them in one place is the sensible thing to do.

Today there was supposed to be a big protest on fargate.

There where lots of police near the rail station and all the way up to town.

Horses, motorcycles, and police in yellow jackets everywhere.

On fargate there was a small little group of people peacefully protesting.

I did not see the need for all that expensive police presence standing there doing nothing and big piles of horse**** on fargate.

Is this what we are paying taxes for. If conservatives want to save money I got some suggestions for them, just imagine how many people who really need that money will suffer to pay for this nonsense.

...and if it had all kicked off, no doubt you'd be on here complaining about the lack of police presence, in your official role of chief critic of everything done in Sheffield.

according to Radio Sheffield there were 300 EDL estimated, and 100 UAF estimated that was kept i mile away from the EDL march, There was no arrest.

Radio Sheffield is now saying 200 EDL marches.

Edited by kidley
update

Some "serious demonstration"

First one I saw was a meth head judging by the dental work - or dire need thereof - coupled with demeanour, next bunch I saw were drinking strong lager and shouting to each other in that way of talking where the mouth never closes and the tongue stays relatively still, to maintain the gormless expression

Now, one would think that if a march were to be arranged that was really about such a deeply serious subject as child abuse and grooming; that they might not be on a jolly old p***-up and sing song

If they really cared so deeply; if they really just had that issue at heart, they would have a drink after the task in hand, and not start a couple of hours before.

But then, holding a can of brew helps them keep their knuckles from scraping on the ground