Ideas for good way to wrap a petrol tank for shipping?

I’m having a clear-out, and one of the items destined for eBay is a petrol tank for an old car. (It’s been off the car for many years and not a trace of vapour-completely safe in that respect).

I’ve had it on eBay as collection only, but got no bids. I feel it would sell if I offered shipping. The obvious suggestion may be a big box, but is there a better way? Any regular eBay experts on here that ship large objects-what are your thoughts?

I’m having a clear-out, and one of the items destined for eBay is a petrol tank for an old car. (It’s been off the car for many years and not a trace of vapour-completely safe in that respect).

I’ve had it on eBay as collection only, but got no bids. I feel it would sell if I offered shipping. The obvious suggestion may be a big box, but is there a better way? Any regular eBay experts on here that ship large objects-what are your thoughts?

Wrap it in bubblewrap then box it up. Take pictures before you send it though, plenty of pictures. :)

Is it a particularly rare model's tank? If not then its most likely that people can pick one up nearer home quicker and easier from a local scrappy.

Sort of rare. They stopped making the model in 1993, and there`s an owners club now.