Comic characters.

I don't remember it in the comic but I was loaned a book a few years ago about "Wilson the wonder athlete". I wanted to buy a copy or any similar books about "Wilson". I did find some on ebay but they were very expensive.

Wilson was a great read in book form. It was one of those books you just couldn't put down. I think I read it in one go.

Speaking of the Victor, I remember buying THIS at the newsagents at Gleadless Townend. I always thought it was the first issue but it seems it was No.2

You couldn't beat the comics of that era and before. Full of un-PC tales of derring-do usually about our boys sticking it to the Hun.

Wilson was a great read in book form. It was one of those books you just couldn't put down. I think I read it in one go.

Speaking of the Victor, I remember buying THIS at the newsagents at Gleadless Townend. I always thought it was the first issue but it seems it was No.2

You couldn't beat the comics of that era and before. Full of un-PC tales of derring-do usually about our boys sticking it to the Hun.

Remember the Sun and the Comet in the 50's and of course Roy of the Rovers in (I think) the Hotspur. My favourite of the fun characters was Billy Bunter, can't remember which comic however.

There was one comic (forget which one) character called 'Gobble. Gobble Gertie' a turkey, wonder how that would go down today?

Pretty mild, I'd say, compared to some comics.

Remember when "our heroes" from the Radio Fun and the Film Fun often found themselves in the big round cooking pots of bone thru the nose natives in darkest Africa? :)