Can one be against homophobia, sexism and religious intolerance?

Well give an example then where the bible instructs a husband on wife beating.

Even Mohamed hit his child bride.

Really?

Okay so there's nothing I know of about actually beating your wife, but there's Ephesians 5:22 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

The bible is awash with violence and misogyny.

In Exodus 12:29, God slaughters all Egyptian firstborn children and cattle because their king was stubborn.

In Numbers 16:41-49, the Israelites complain that God is killing too many of them. So, God sends a plague that kills 14,000 more of them.

In Joshua 6:20-21, God helps the Israelites destroy Jericho, killing “men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys.”

In Deuteronomy 2:32-35, God has the Israelites kill everyone in Heshbon, including children.

In Deuteronomy 3:3-7, God has the Israelites do the same to the people of Bashan.

In Numbers 31:7-18, the Israelites kill all the Midianites except for the virgins, whom they take as spoils of war. Sound familiar?

In 1 Samuel 15:1-9, God tells the Israelites to kill all the Amalekites – men, women, children, infants, and their cattle – for something the Amalekites’ ancestors had done 400 years earlier.

In Genesis 19:24, God kills everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah with fire from the sky. Then God kills Lot’s wife for looking back at her burning home.

In 2 Kings 2:23-24, some kids tease the prophet Elisha, and God sends bears to dismember them.

In Judges 21:1-23, a tribe of Israelites misses roll call, so the other Israelites kill them all except for the virgins, which they take for themselves. Still not happy, they hide in vineyards and pounce on dancing women from Shiloh to take them for themselves.

In Judges 19:22-29, a mob demands to rape a godly master’s guest. The master offers his daughter and a concubine to them instead. They take the concubine and gang-rape her all night. The master finds her on his doorstep in the morning, cuts her into 12 pieces, and ships the pieces around the country.

In Deuteronomy 13:6-10, God commands that you must kill your wife, children, brother, and friend if they worship other gods.

You've contradicted yourself by defining someone as either tolerant or intolerant a paragraph after saying that it would be very unusual for someone to either be totally tolerant or totally intolerant.

I can't see a contradiction in my post can you quote the bits you think are contradictory. My position is that most people will be both tolerant and intolerant.

I can't see a contradiction in my post can you quote the bits you think are contradictory. My position is that most people will be both tolerant and intolerant.

You are the new incarnation of Smithy and I claim my fiver.

My only intolerance is religion.

Its daft, fairy stories to frighten children and the ignorant.

There is no god, never has been, Jesus was not the son of god, Mohammed heard something, but it was not god speaking directly to him. Maybe it as Tinitus.

When you die, they burn or bury you. Your atoms go to replenish the earth, therefore you never actually die.

Chill out, have a drink, get laid, study the Stoics and the Epicureans, they had it right.

Kick religion into the dustbin of history. There is more evidence for the existence of Leprechauns than there is of any god.

You're correct..but there is equal evidence.

Rubbish. References to the belief in the existence of God or Gods is found worldwide over millennia.

Leprechauns? Found in Ireland and the earliest reference is thought to be medieval.

Really?

Okay so there's nothing I know of about actually beating your wife, but there's Ephesians 5:22 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

The bible is awash with violence and misogyny.

In Exodus 12:29, God slaughters all Egyptian firstborn children and cattle because their king was stubborn.

In Numbers 16:41-49, the Israelites complain that God is killing too many of them. So, God sends a plague that kills 14,000 more of them.

In Joshua 6:20-21, God helps the Israelites destroy Jericho, killing “men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys.”

In Deuteronomy 2:32-35, God has the Israelites kill everyone in Heshbon, including children.

In Deuteronomy 3:3-7, God has the Israelites do the same to the people of Bashan.

In Numbers 31:7-18, the Israelites kill all the Midianites except for the virgins, whom they take as spoils of war. Sound familiar?

In 1 Samuel 15:1-9, God tells the Israelites to kill all the Amalekites – men, women, children, infants, and their cattle – for something the Amalekites’ ancestors had done 400 years earlier.

In Genesis 19:24, God kills everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah with fire from the sky. Then God kills Lot’s wife for looking back at her burning home.

In 2 Kings 2:23-24, some kids tease the prophet Elisha, and God sends bears to dismember them.

In Judges 21:1-23, a tribe of Israelites misses roll call, so the other Israelites kill them all except for the virgins, which they take for themselves. Still not happy, they hide in vineyards and pounce on dancing women from Shiloh to take them for themselves.

In Judges 19:22-29, a mob demands to rape a godly master’s guest. The master offers his daughter and a concubine to them instead. They take the concubine and gang-rape her all night. The master finds her on his doorstep in the morning, cuts her into 12 pieces, and ships the pieces around the country.

In Deuteronomy 13:6-10, God commands that you must kill your wife, children, brother, and friend if they worship other gods.

So where does it say how when and why to beat you wife. You'll be telling us that all of this was written down by first hand witnesses