Were the moon landings fake?

Modern mediSIN is great if you need patched up after suffering a serious trauma.

To take their Big Pharma pills without question is stupid.

On topic - do you believe NASA has ever gave us fake images instead of real unaltered photos?

All their pics of the earth from the ISS are clearly fake.

3 hours ago, MAC33 said:

On topic - do you believe NASA has ever gave us fake images instead of real unaltered photos?

All their pics of the earth from the ISS are clearly fake.

How can you tell they're fake - or did you learn it from the University of Youtube?

What would you expect a picture of Earth to look like from the ISS?

The worst and scariest thing about these conspiracy theory nuts is not that they all believe such nonsense and when they believe one thing - landings are a fake - they tend to also be anti-vaccers, flat-earthers, Trump voting idiots also.  No I can live with that.

The worst thing is how proudly they proclaim their stupidity, wearing it like a badge of honour.

11 minutes ago, bendix said:

The worst and scariest thing about these conspiracy theory nuts is not that they all believe such nonsense and when they believe one thing - landings are a fake - they tend to also be anti-vaccers, flat-earthers, Trump voting idiots also.  No I can live with that.

The worst thing is how proudly they proclaim their stupidity, wearing it like a badge of honour.

Did you catch that documentary on Netflix about Flat Earth believers?

It's quite hilarious and worth a watch. I was dubious at first as I think giving any oxygen to this sort of thing can be problematic, but the documentary included people demonstrating the very basic science as a rebuttal to their very silly claims, so nobody watching it would be under any illusion as to the absolute absurdity of their position. 

The funniest bit was the flat earthers trying to do their own experiments to prove their point. Don't get me wrong, I think doing experiments to gain a greater understanding of something is brilliant. The trouble was when the experiments came back and disproved their theories, they didn't change their theories, they just invented reasons as to why they didn't show what they wanted (such as 'heaven rays' disrupting the equipment, etc). 

7 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Did you catch that documentary on Netflix about Flat Earth believers?

It's quite hilarious and worth a watch. I was dubious at first as I think giving any oxygen to this sort of thing can be problematic, but the documentary included people demonstrating the very basic science as a rebuttal to their very silly claims, so nobody watching it would be under any illusion as to the absolute absurdity of their position. 

The funniest bit was the flat earthers trying to do their own experiments to prove their point. Don't get me wrong, I think doing experiments to gain a greater understanding of something is brilliant. The trouble was when the experiments came back and disproved their theories, they didn't change their theories, they just invented reasons as to why they didn't show what they wanted (such as 'heaven rays' disrupting the equipment, etc). 

It's just too depressing.

I had one flat-earther tell me he could prove he was right.  He said that if the world was round, airplanes would never reach their destinations.  Instead they would fly off into space.  

I mean, where do you even start with that?

9 minutes ago, bendix said:

It's just too depressing.

I had one flat-earther tell me he could prove he was right.  He said that if the world was round, airplanes would never reach their destinations.  Instead they would fly off into space.  

The problem with idiots like that is that there is none so deaf as those who wont hear.  No amount of proof, logic or just sheer common sense will ever sway them from the determination to be thick

7 minutes ago, bendix said:

You don't. You ignore them. 

I posted the other day that the resurgence of conspiracy discussions on mainstream forums seems to be an unintended feature of the post-Trump, post-Brexit phenomenon but for some reason the post was deleted without explaination.

No one is obliged to argue with these idiots and neither is refusal to argue, an admission that their bonkers theories have any validity.