Microsft software support - scam?

madowl

i had a phone call yesterday from someone saying i had something wrong with my computer, ive had these calls before, so i lost my rag and swore at him then put the phone down. he phoned back 2 mins later to ask me what i had said so i told him again. now my phone keeps ringing every 10 mins with no one answering, i rang 1471 caller withheld phone number. my fault for swearing i suppose, how do i stop the calls.

This would make a good Hollywood script if you had the tracking/fighting skills.

Edited by dutch

i had a phone call yesterday from someone saying i had something wrong with my computer, ive had these calls before, so i lost my rag and swore at him then put the phone down. he phoned back 2 mins later to ask me what i had said so i told him again. now my phone keeps ringing every 10 mins with no one answering, i rang 1471 caller withheld phone number. my fault for swearing i suppose, how do i stop the calls.

I always swear at them - I make a point of it - and call them lying thieves to boot. I have never had them ringing back. You must have been unlucky with your scammer. I hope you manage to see them off.

thanks everyone. i am hoping it is sorted out now. i informed my telephone provider and was told that if i got an incident number from the police they would block calls from caller withheld numbers for free. thanks plusnet. so far i have had no nuisance calls this morning.

thanks everyone. i am hoping it is sorted out now. i informed my telephone provider and was told that if i got an incident number from the police they would block calls from caller withheld numbers for free. thanks plusnet. so far i have had no nuisance calls this morning.

this is all well and good but our doctor and hospitals use "withheld number" when calling so this could cause problems.