Microsft software support - scam?

madowl

I understand TPS cannot block calls from abroad. They should block calls from the British Isles but I've had several nuisance calls from London, Birkenhead - you name it.

I get loads from London, and Liverpool about the road traffic accident I've allegedly had.

If I had an accident for every call I get, I would have more lives than the proverbial cat and be worth a small fortune in claims. I block them and they just go straight to voicemail.

I've had the computer ones. I just say I haven't got one, it usually throws them

We have a BT8500 It blocks all known nuisance calls. You put numbers that you know into the phone and it allows them through.

Anyone else ringing is asked who they are, if they do speak then the phone rings and it tells you who it is and what they want.

You can then choose to answer or block. It is also an answering machine. It works really well.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/phones-broadband-and-sat-nav/telephones/telephones/bt-8500-advanced-call-blocker-cordless-phone-with-answering-machine-10027613-pdt.html

I get loads from London, and Liverpool about the road traffic accident I've allegedly had.

If I had an accident for every call I get, I would have more lives than the proverbial cat and be worth a small fortune in claims. I block them and they just go straight to voicemail.

I've had the computer ones. I just say I haven't got one, it usually throws them

I usually tell those they're parasites and invite them to go away and fornicate, one got quite upset and said 'there's no need to swear', so I just said 'don't ring me then, we're registered with the TPS'.

I usually tell those they're parasites and invite them to go away and fornicate, one got quite upset and said 'there's no need to swear', so I just said 'don't ring me then, we're registered with the TPS'.

I'm registered with TPS but isn't that only for companies trying to sell you something.

These idiots ring my mobile

I'm registered with TPS but isn't that only for companies trying to sell you something.

These idiots ring my mobile

Me too, I know what you mean, it can get annoying at times. But I try not to let it get to me too much, in fact I get some kind of perverse pleasure in using the different ways you can have of winding them up.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear possible to block what are 'internet generated' phone calls.

I had this conversation with a bloke in Bombay, I sympathised with him having to phone people like me re computer problems in order to make a living. I'd stayed in the Juhu area of Bombay at one stage and discussed Juhu with him. I then asked him, very politely, how could I stop any future conversations, his answer was 'you can't' all these blocking devices only work against people using phones and don't work against internet generated calls. The claims by 'blocker' provider companies are only partially valid.

I understand TPS cannot block calls from abroad. They should block calls from the British Isles but I've had several nuisance calls from London, Birkenhead - you name it.

Just because it has come up with those two places as where the calls have come from it is not forced to be from them. There was something I read saying that you could get a call appearing to be from a UK area code and in fact it is from abroad.

Not just a nuisance call but a scam as well, so please be aware. My wife was using the computer last week when half the screen was blanked out by a message which said it was from Microsoft and we had a virus that needed fixing urgently along with a freephone number, although it used the American expression,"toll free", why it would do that for someone in Britain I don't know ?

I couldn't get rid of it, so I phoned our computer engineer who immediately dismissed it as a scam. I took the computer up there and he cleared it.

It is happening more, he said. Apparently if you ring back they scam everything on your computer, they also pick on any computer that is running at the time.