What effect has greece had on your decision to leave euro?

Are you saying that the UK has not paid up, I think the EU would've kicked up a stink by now, milking the UK has become a hobby of theirs, they say jump and our gov says how high.

I said no such thing.

Since nobody else could be bothered to look this up, turns out we pretended to negotiate it down to half and then in reality paid it all with the other half badly hidden:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/nov/07/uk-pays-full-eu-rebate-despite-osborne-claim-he-halved-it

I said no such thing.

Since nobody else could be bothered to look this up, turns out we pretended to negotiate it down to half and then in reality paid it all with the other half badly hidden:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/nov/07/uk-pays-full-eu-rebate-despite-osborne-claim-he-halved-it

Well there you go then you've just proved a negative, or is it a positive,

post 174

So as usual you're talking rubbish.
Not really: as usual, you've cornered yourself into a hopeless debating position and, as usual, you're grandstanding and resorting to ad hominem to try and save face.

You're not fooling anyone.

That Guardian link of unbeliever says that the UK has not paid that bill yet, half of it or otherwise, btw.

Edited by L00b

Not really: as usual, you've cornered yourself into a hopeless debating position and, as usual, you're grandstanding and resorting to ad hominem to try and save face.

Has it been paid or not.

According to you not.

"I guess the EU will be waiting for those £642m a long time, just like the previous £1.7bn it's still waiting for."

No grandstanding on my behalf, no trying to save face either, I'm not the one accusing the government of not paying up.

That Guardian link of unbeliever says that the UK has not paid that bill yet, half of it or otherwise, btw.

We've agreed to pay it in instalments over the second half of this year. It's done. The cheque is in the post. We're paying.

Has it been paid or not.

According to you not.

"I guess the EU will be waiting for those £642m a long time, just like the previous £1.7bn it's still waiting for."

No grandstanding on my behalf, no trying to save face either, I'm not the one accusing the government of not paying up.

Read unbeliever's link, understand what it says, then revert back to my original post about this new £642m, and the ramifications of the EU invoking the EFSM to bridge-fund Greece for non-€Z member states lije the UK. Zero sum game. Balances on spreadsheets and in headlines, and no money actually paid out yet, nor likely to. Just like Greece's bond profits money owed to it by the EU, which Greece ain't ever going to see. It's not rocket science, but your bad faith borne from your Europhobia is making this hard work. Needlessly so.

Edit-same @ unbeliever. Get back to me when the UK actually sends that 'cheque', and I'll happily resume on that point. Meantime, for the time being, you're both factually wrong.

Edited by L00b

Read unbeliever's link, understand what it says, then revert back to my original post about this new £642m, and the ramifications of the EU invoking the EFSM to bridge-fund Greece for non-€Z member states lije the UK. Zero sum game. Balances on spreadsheets and in headlines, and no money actually paid out yet, nor likely to. It's not rocket science, but your bad faith borne from your Europhobia is making this hard work. Needlessly so.

Edit-same @ unbeliever. Get back to me when the UK actually sends that 'cheque', and I'll happily resume on that point. Meantime, for the time being, you're both factually wrong.

Are you wriggling.