Am I still allowed to question climate change?

For the sake of everyone's sanity I'll ignore the silliness.

The 20% isn't a statement of fact, it is a question posed to you or anyone else.

Think of it as a philosophical issue; Is a 20% chance of exterminating human life as we know it too great a chance to ignore? Is 10%? Is 1%?

Do you do the lottery? Plenty of people fancy their chances with a 14m to 1 chance of getting rich. Is a 14m to 1 chance of exterminating our species too great a risk to take?

You and others seem belligerent to the point of inducing your own demise. Since I and others aren't prepared to let you wantonly kill you and your kin we'll take the chance that it might all be a waste of time because let's face it, the alternative defies logical reason.

A quote I heard a few years ago seems to sum it up:

What happens if climate change is a big hoax and we end up making a better world for nothing?

The truth is, irrespective of whether you're burrowing your head in the sand about the risks of climate change, sooner or later the world will have to implement many of the steps needed to combat it's effects anyway. Climate change just adds some urgency, to the process.

The 20% isn't a statement of fact, it is a question posed to you or anyone else.

Think of it as a philosophical issue; Is a 20% chance of exterminating human life as we know it too great a chance to ignore? Is 10%? Is 1%?

Do you do the lottery? Plenty of people fancy their chances with a 14m to 1 chance of getting rich. Is a 14m to 1 chance of exterminating our species too great a risk to take?

You and others seem belligerent to the point of inducing your own demise. Since I and others aren't prepared to let you wantonly kill you and your kin we'll take the chance that it might all be a waste of time because let's face it, the alternative defies logical reason.

In the 70's it was the ice age cometh, In the 80's it was the hole in the ozone layer, inthe 90's is was global warming and in the 00's you soothsayers were found to be acting corruptly.

No surpises then that when you can't get your science or your facts right people begrudge paying more tax.

Don't know why but a thought came into my head of Bono from U2 screaming his head off about giving aid to charity in Africa but it turns out he's avoding paying tax in his own country.

Then pose your question at China and India for starters, what difference do you think recycling your bottletops is going to make, whilst they take your job your business and the air you breathe pollute the planet on a larger scale than at any time in history, whilst you in your ivory tower can't see past the end of your nose and give them your tax money to do so,

since I and others can see more clearly from a realistic view it may be time you discarded the rosey glasses and go to specsavers.

Do you have shares in any Chinese or Indian etc.companies if so I can understand your concern and hypocrisy.

In the 70's it was the ice age cometh, In the 80's it was the hole in the ozone layer, inthe 90's is was global warming and in the 00's you soothsayers were found to be acting corruptly.

No surpises then that when you can't get your science or your facts right people begrudge paying more tax.

Don't know why but a thought came into my head of Bono from U2 screaming his head off about giving aid to charity in Africa but it turns out he's avoding paying tax in his own country.

Today the ozone hole, which was first spotted 25 years ago, appears headed for a happy ending, thanks to unprecedented international action.

The disturbing discovery set the stage for an environmental triumph: the Montreal Protocol of 1987.

This pact to phase out the use of CFCs and restore the ozone layer was eventually signed by every country in the United Nations—the first UN treaty to achieve universal ratification.

The unparalleled cooperation has had a major impact.

Edited by andikay

Today the ozone hole, which was first spotted 25 years ago, appears headed for a happy ending, thanks to unprecedented international action.

The disturbing discovery set the stage for an environmental triumph: the Montreal Protocol of 1987.

This pact to phase out the use of CFCs and restore the ozone layer was eventually signed by every country in the United Nations—the first UN treaty to achieve universal ratification.

Food for thought or down the toilet,

http://www.fire.nist.gov/bfrlpubs/fire02/PDF/f02174.pdf

Thank God for International Rescue and Thunderbirds eh?

http://www.theozonehole.com/2010ozone.htm

Still got a long way to go though, largest recorded hole in 2006, 2 decades after the ban on CFC's...