Am I still allowed to question climate change?

The ozone layer is not a source of global warming. Lower level ozone pollution from industrial action is.

I knew it, not only are the unions making Britain uncompetitive with their demands for better wages and conditions than our third world competitors pay, but they are the cause of global warming as well! :hihi:

There is a hole in the ozone layer, which has resulted in a massive increase in skin cancer, especially in the southern hemisphere, and which is now shrinking, thanks to the global measures taken to limit the use of ozone destroying gasses in the late 80s.

The level of ignorance you are displaying here seems about average for those who dismiss climate change out of hand, when they clearly have not even taken the trouble to inform themselves of the very basics.

I'm not sure whether the extent of man made climate change is as great or as dangerous as some people believe, and tend to see it as merely another symptom of the far more serious and imminent threat posed by global human over-population.

Interesting, I just had a quick flick around the internet being ignorant as you say and found this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12970061

Increased use of sunbeds has caused skin cancer figures to increase.

Also I can't imagine suncream manufacturers exaggerating the situation can you. After all we all know swine flu or bird flu wasn't overplayed don't we?

I was going to take your word for it. But fortunately I checked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone#Ozone_as_a_greenhouse_gas

The important point here is that the troposphere is not the layer of the atmosphere where the ozone layer resides.

The ozone layer is not a source of global warming. Lower level ozone pollution from industrial action is.

Ozone Recovery to Warm Antarctica?

Meanwhile, some scientists say the environmental triumph of a recovering ozone layer could have a troubling side effect: boosting global warming, at least in the Antarctic region.

Ozone itself is a greenhouse gas. A thinner ozone layer not only reduced heat trapped over the region, it helped stir circumpolar winds, which in turn created sea spray that formed reflective, cooling clouds.

"It's very difficult to quantify the impact on a global scale, but I think the evidence suggests filling the hole will have a regional effect on the Antarctic, possibly leading to more warming for the bulk of the Antarctic," Shanklin said. "That could drastically change predictions about global sea level change."

The ozone layer traps heat, so if it gets destroyed, the upper atmosphere actually cools, thereby offsetting part of the warming effect of other heat-trapping gases. But that's no reason to rejoice: the cooling of the upper layers of the atmosphere can produce changes in the climate that affect weather patterns in the higher latitudes.

"ozone layer traps heat"

Interesting, I just had a quick flick around the internet being ignorant as you say and found this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12970061

Also I can't imagine suncream manufacturers exaggerating the situation can you. After all we all know swine flu or bird flu wasn't overplayed don't we?

So your saying that because sun beds have increased the incidence of skin cancer, this explains the rise in skin cancers where they have happened most sharply, in Australia, which had formerly been attributed to depletion of the Ozone layer over Antartica. I had never realised sun beds were popular in desert regions!

And the massive conspiracy which must involve tens of thousands of scientists, politicians and media people globally to sell us this massive lie, is done at the behest of the all powerful sun cream companies. ahh yes, it all makes perfect sense to me now!

So your saying that because sun beds have increased the incidence of skin cancer, this explains the rise in skin cancers where they have happened most sharply, in Australia, which had formerly been attributed to depletion of the Ozone layer over Antartica. I had never realised sun beds were popular in desert regions!

And the massive conspiracy which must involve tens of thousands of scientists, politicians and media people globally to sell us this massive lie, is done at the behest of the all powerful sun cream companies. ahh yes, it all makes perfect sense to me now!

If you want to believe them be my guest and if you are so sure of the facts what do you actually do in your own life to make a difference?

As such a strong supporter of man made global I would expect you to be completely self sufficient.

Are you?

If you want to believe them be my guest and if you are so sure of the facts what do you actually do in your own life to make a difference?

As such a strong supporter of man made global I would expect you to be completely self sufficient.

Are you?

"A strong supporter of man made global warming"??

If you are going to reply to my posts, I suggest you read them first.

I think you need to re-read your link, that's if you've read at it all. Your link is talking about skin cancer here in the UK, how does it explain the increase in skin cancer in Australia for example. You're not going to suggest that sunbed use may be responsible in Australia? :hihi:

"A strong supporter of man made global warming"??

If you are going to reply to my posts, I suggest you read them first.

Ii have done along with your contribution on Met Police Commissioner resigns over hacking scandal

You seem a bit of a conspiracy theorist.

I think you need to re-read your link, that's if you've read at it all. Your link is talking about skin cancer here in the UK, how does it explain the increase in skin cancer in Australia for example. You're not going to suggest that sunbed use may be responsible in Australia? :hihi:

It's on the increase is it despite the hole in the ozone decreasing?

Edited by Streamline