Am I still allowed to question climate change?

'I made a mistake': Gaia theory scientist James Lovelock admits he was 'alarmist' about the impact of climate change

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2134092/Gaia-scientist-James-Lovelock-I-alarmist-climate-change.html#ixzz1swLYQc3v

I agree with this comment from the link.:)

It is difficult to see how the extraordinary activities of 7,050,000,000 people would not have a negative effect on the health of the planet.

Good blog post from Johnny Ball on James Lovelock eating crow...

A little "Crow" to herald the end to Climate Change Alarmism!"

Having delayed this for some time, as one doesn't gain much for crowing "I was right", I think the time is right, right now!

James Lovelock, the great guru of Climate Change and impending doom, has admitted he was "Wrong over his alarmism with regard to galloping Global Warming." As he said the other day - "We should have been frying by now?" Poor fool. It is clearly established that there has been no significant change in world temperature for over 12 years. There have been less "severe" weather events and not more. There are no alarming changes in Ice or Sea levels. There are droughts here and heavy rains there, but nothing that can be construed as worsening conditions due to Climate Change.

So the points I made at the Bloomsbury Theatre, when I was slow handclapped (by a dozen out of 500 people) were after all, totally correct. CO2 is clearly not a major factor in climate change, as I have always maintained and as was apparent from the very start of the history of Chemistry with Dalton's Atomic Theory. CO2 is part of the triumverate along with Oxygen and Water, that originally made and still makes life on earth possible. If you demonise one of them, you soon find you have to demonise all three.

The boss of the Met Office called me in to tell me that warming was still taking place - but it wasn't. A President of a major Scientific society showed me "how CO2 can absorb more energy along the baseline of it's identifying graph" - but then perhaps a more qualified scientist confirmed my belief that this was unscientific piffle. The Royal Society first asked me to speak, but then begged that I did not feature my views on Climate Change (as Al Gore was speaking in the same week). Yet everything I wanted to say and did say by way of begging the question - is now shown to have been correct?

Full post here http://www.johnnyball.co.uk/html/johnnysblog.html

• 4 weeks later...
Read the newish book "Watermelons", by James Delingpole. See http://uk.ask.com/web?q=global+warming+%22watermelons%22&sm=adv&advc=uk&dm=ctry&qsrc=66&o=0&l=dir&siteid=0

Then you'll know what's going on!

Imagine how much money one could make by writing a book asking people to

imagine if everything they knew about the environment was wrong and to

imagine that global warming was something to be desired, not feared. :)