Am I still allowed to question climate change?

How may million years is “just before”.

Plants were mainly in the oceans and eventual fossilised into oil and gas.

Volcanic activity could also stop the suns energy reaching earth, it’s also been pointed out several time that the land mass was at the South Pole, was the south pole at the time tilted away from the sun?

---------- Post added 21-03-2013 at 15:32 ----------

Correct I don't :blush: photosynthetic organisms

---------- Post added 21-03-2013 at 15:35 ----------

Less land for farming, plants, insects, and other life forms failing to adapt to the higher temperature.

---------- Post added 21-03-2013 at 15:37 ----------

Thats something I didn't know, thankyou. :)

To repeat a question I asked earlier..would you prefer a warmer earth or a colder one?

In answer the question of what the problem is if it's not sae level rise

Less land for farming, plants, insects, and other life forms failing to adapt to the higher temperature.

So that's sea level rise, which is going to be less than 30 cm.., and a temperature rise a lot less drastic than has happened historically. You are desperate to find problems where there just isn't one.

How may million years is “just before”.

Plants were mainly in the oceans and eventual fossilised into oil and gas.

Volcanic activity could also stop the suns energy reaching earth, it’s also been pointed out several time that the land mass was at the South Pole, was the south pole at the time tilted away from the sun?

From an article I read it was at about 4400ppm during the glaciation..more than 10 times the concentration we have now..

It wasn't the plants from the Ordivician period that were converted to fossil fuels...

Volcanic activity also injected CO2 into the atmosphere and killes flora both these events would increase CO2 ..yet we still had an icy world..

I may be wrong but as far as I know the earth has always tilted..that's why we get seasons...

None of what's been on this thread has convinced me of CO2 being the sole contributor to the very slight warming that was observed up to 10 or 12 years ago..it seems to have stopped at the moment..strange as we are still pumping out CO2 ..

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn23060-has-global-warming-ground-to-a-halt.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2217286/Global-warming-stopped-16-years-ago-reveals-Met-Office-report-quietly-released--chart-prove-it.html

http://climaterealists.com/index.php?id=11269

---------- Post added 21-03-2013 at 15:55 ----------

One in which all today’s life forms can flourish.

That won't happen....the climate will change with us or without...it has in the past and will continue to do so..do you want it warmer or colder..one thing is for sure..it won't stay the same for long (geologically speaking)..

Edited by truman

In answer the question of what the problem is if it's not sae level rise

So that's sea level rise, which is going to be less than 30 cm.., and a temperature rise a lot less drastic than has happened historically. You are desperate to find problems where there just isn't one.

Less land for farming, plants, insects, and other life forms failing to adapt to the higher temperatures as zero to do with sea level rises, they are more important issues. Warming expands deserts, and many of the life forms that we depend on aren’t as adaptable as humans to changes in the environment.

---------- Post added 21-03-2013 at 20:16 ----------

From an article I read it was at about 4400ppm during the glaciation..more than 10 times the concentration we have now..

It wasn't the plants from the Ordivician period that were converted to fossil fuels...

Volcanic activity also injected CO2 into the atmosphere and killes flora both these events would increase CO2 ..yet we still had an icy world..

I may be wrong but as far as I know the earth has always tilted..that's why we get seasons...

None of what's been on this thread has convinced me of CO2 being the sole contributor to the very slight warming that was observed up to 10 or 12 years ago..it seems to have stopped at the moment..strange as we are still pumping out CO2 ..

I Googled it for you because my knowledge of this time is clearly not good.

Rich Oil prone Ordovician Source Beds

Most oil shale deposits were formed during Middle Cambrian, Early and Middle Ordovician,

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/431581/Ordovician-Period/258446/Paleoclimate

Recently it has been proposed that the terminal Ordovician glaciation was triggered through a combination of the placement of Africa over the South Pole and a short-lived drawdown of atmospheric carbon dioxide. This drawdown was favoured by declining volcanism during the Ordovician, which would have introduced progressively less carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Increasing orogeny and uplift during later Ordovician times would have accelerated the removal of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere through the weathering of silicate rocks. Once snow began to accumulate in North Africa, the increased albedo (surface reflectance) of the snow would have fostered lower temperatures and increased the accumulation of greater amounts of snow in Gondwana, thereby bringing about a glacial period. The cooling of the oceans may also have fostered the increased productivity of photosynthetic organisms, moving nutrients from the depths to the surface through the process of upwelling. As the populations of photosynthesizers increased, additional carbon dioxide was removed from the atmosphere. At the end of this glacial period, it is now believed, as the production of carbon dioxide from volcanoes continued, the proportion of atmospheric carbon dioxide removal due to the weathering of silicate rocks declined. The silicate rocks of Gondwana had no access to the atmosphere, because many were covered by thick layers of glacial ice.

That won't happen....the climate will change with us or without...it has in the past and will continue to do so..do you want it warmer or colder..one thing is for sure..it won't stay the same for long (geologically speaking)..

Obviously it would change without use and we can do nothing to stop it, however we can do something about the changes we are causing.

Edited by maxmaximus

One in which all today’s life forms can flourish.

So you are in favour of modifying the climate... You'd just choose to keep it stable.

Unfortunately we don't know what affect we are having, so there's no chance of us making deliberate modifications.