Am I still allowed to question climate change?

Sorry, got it backwards, antarctic sea ice has increased by more than artic sea ice has declined.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/earth20121112.html

The world isn't warming up uniformly, the Antarctic is still warming but at a slower rate than the rest of the world, it a massive continent with its own climate. Because it’s warming slower the temperature difference between it and the rest of the world is greater, this increases wind speeds and allows for the formation of more sea ice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunder_Minimum

If the progress of science had been different we might have been claiming responsibility for having caused global cooling, a full 70 year period of cooling.

We were already pumping CO2 into the atmosphere at that point, not as fast as today, but we've been burning things for several thousand years, there are now admittedly 10 times as many of us... But even so, it just goes to show how easy it can be to draw the wrong conclusion.

---------- Post added 22-03-2013 at 10:17 ----------

The world isn't warming up uniformly, the Antarctic is still warming but at a slower rate than the rest of the world, it a massive continent with its own climate. Because it’s warming slower the temperature difference between it and the rest of the world is greater, this increases wind speeds and allows for the formation of more sea ice.

Which increases the albido of the planet and reduces the amount of heat that is retained.

Feedback mechanism, natch.

---------- Post added 22-03-2013 at 10:20 ----------

It's not new, the fact that a large portion of the data comes from stations close to urban heat islands has been known for some time.

Some researchers have even deliberately excluded data what didn't agree (ie surface stations not within urban heat islands), because that data was clearly erroneous didn't support the conclusion they wanted to reach.

Sorry, got it backwards, antarctic sea ice has increased by more than artic sea ice has declined.

I have read the article, but I didnt see where it says that.

"The Arctic is losing sea ice five times faster than the Antarctic is gaining it, so, on average, the Earth is losing sea ice very quickly. There is no inconsistency between our results and global warming."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/nov/11/poles-scientists-antarctic-sea-ice

It's not new, the fact that a large portion of the data comes from stations close to urban heat islands has been known for some time.

Some researchers have even deliberately excluded data what didn't agree (ie surface stations not within urban heat islands), because that data was clearly erroneous didn't support the conclusion they wanted to reach.

I know it's not new but thought I'd bring it to the attention of forum users just in case some hadn't seen it...I also remember reading that some stations,in the cold parts of Russia, had been excluded form the data sets too..I'll have a dig around and see if I can find that info..

I know it's not new but thought I'd bring it to the attention of forum users just in case some hadn't seen it...I also remember reading that some stations,in the cold parts of Russia, had been excluded form the data sets too..I'll have a dig around and see if I can find that info..

But do you accept that the climate is warming, if you do, then that is just more sceptic nonsense.

But do you accept that the climate is warming, if you do, then that is just more sceptic nonsense.

If you can't trust the data then how do you know what is fact?

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2008/03/06/weather-stations-disappearing-worldwide/

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100020126/climategate-goes-serial-now-the-russians-confirm-that-uk-climate-scientists-manipulated-data-to-exaggerate-global-warming/

http://rt.com/news/data-cherry-picked-climatologists/

It's not at all clear cut...when there's lots of cash involved a little skepticism doesn't go amiss.. :)

Edited by truman

Perhaps its not all 100%, but do you accept that the earth is getting warmer?

As I can't trust the data then I am unsure...there are too many agendas ...how much has Al Gore made from it all? ...and if there is any warming then I am even more unsure as to it's origins..

Edited by truman

That's sort of the point isn't it.

If the data is suspect, and worse, if the data is manipulated to deliberately support a pre chosen conclusion then no conclusion can be safely drawn.

If warming only exists with a compromised and manipulated data set, then you have to wonder whether warming is actually happening at all. If it was happening anyway then the AGW proponents would have no need to cheat, obscure and manipulate the data would they. They'd be able to correct for the heat island affect, include all the data including the cold bits of russia and still demonstrate warming. It doesn't appear that they can do that though. But instead of admit that, they exclude data, add 'correctional' factors that actually make the heat island measurements appear to be even worse, and generally conduct bad 'science' in the name of proving their point.

Then once they've made it look like the earth is warming, they blame it on human behaviour, despite us not being able to accurately model (and thus isolate factors that affect) the climate.

Edited by Cyclone