Am I still allowed to question climate change?

Antarctic Sea Ice as increased as a consequence of global warming, but I imagine the non believers will interpret that as proof that the planet isn't warming up.

As opposed to AGW alarmists who interpret all evidence as meaning that the planet is warming.

---------- Post added 03-08-2013 at 11:17 ----------

What ever facts we provide, it seems it means something else.

The climate change scientists predicted more precipitation, but the sceptics just says it 'normal' change of climate.

Has there been reports of MORE ice?

My main problem is that the climate change proponents predicted all sorts of things, most of which haven't and aren't happening. Which rather casts into doubt the models they are creating.

Basically they don't understand the climate at all, they've no idea what affect our behaviour is having on it, and the predictions of calamity that they make are good only to secure more funding for themselves.

As opposed to AGW alarmists who interpret all evidence as meaning that the planet is warming.

Yes I will admit that I am guilty of looking at data which says the planet is warming up and using as evidence that supports global warming.

Antarctic Sea Ice as increased as a consequence of global warming,

Antarctic Sea Ice has not increased, although to what extent its melting, I am not sure. Is it a big deal that arctic sea ice has shrunk by 50% in the past 20 years?

How is the arctic sea ice still melting, when we are told that the global temperatures havnt risen significantly in 15 years?

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

Antartic Sea Ice has increased.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=antarctic+sea+ice+growing&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr

---------- Post added 03-08-2013 at 11:39 ----------

Yes I will admit that I am guilty of looking at data which says the planet is warming up and using as evidence that supports global warming.

Guilty of pretending to be able to see what the evidence means.

That there is data I don't dispute. That you or anyone else can see what it means, that I dispute.

Antarctic Sea Ice has not increased, although to what extent its melting, I am not sure. Is it a big deal that arctic sea ice has shrunk by 50% in the past 20 years?

How is the arctic sea ice still melting, when we are told that the global temperatures havnt risen significantly in 15 years?

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/earth20121112.html

NASA and British Antarctic Survey scientists have reported the first direct evidence that marked changes to Antarctic sea ice drift caused by changing winds are responsible for observed increases in Antarctic sea ice cover in the past two decades. The results help explain why, unlike the dramatic sea ice losses being reported in the Arctic, Antarctic sea ice cover has increased under the effects of climate change.

Arctic sea ice is still melting because the temperature is rising faster at the Arctic.

Vegetation near Arctic shows temperatures are rising fast.

Their study, published in the journal Nature Climate Change and called Temperature and vegetation seasonality diminishment over northern lands, has highlighted how the Arctic is warming faster than other areas of the world.

Sorry, I was thinking about the other side ;) I will see if your link holds up to scrutiny.

It's just the google search that returns thousands of results to reports in the media, academic studies and so on about the increasing antarctic sea ice.

But you see if it holds up.

If you don't like the evidence I suppose you can just claim that google is a biassed source, or that this evidence, like all the rest, actually means that the planet is heating up.

Antartic Sea Ice has increased.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=antarctic+sea+ice+growing&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr

---------- Post added 03-08-2013 at 11:39 ----------

Guilty of pretending to be able to see what the evidence means.

That there is data I don't dispute. That you or anyone else can see what it means, that I dispute.

Yes I suppose I'm guilty of assuming a global average temperature increase means the average temperature as gone up globally.

Isnt that what your link says, warmer sea causing more melting and then it refreezes?

There's also a bigger temperature differential around the antarctic so wind speeds have increased, this creates more spray which freezes and builds more sea ice.