Am I still allowed to question climate change?

The interesting thing about global mean temperatures and how we measure them, is that the measuring stations over the last hundred years have mostly become enclosed in urban areas. We know there is an urban heat island affect, but we choose to ignore it.

Some 'scientists' even started excluding a large portion of non urban measurements because they didn't fit the trend. Cherry picking data to the point of being dishonest.

We know there is an urban heat island affect, but we choose to ignore it.

The preliminary results of an independent assessment carried out by the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature group, and made available to the public in October 2011, found that among other scientific concerns raised by skeptics, the urban heat island effect did not bias the results obtained by NOAA, the Hadley Centre and NASA's GISS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_heat_island#Mitigation

Let me guess, that group is staffed by people who firmly believe in, and receive funding because of, AGW.

It very likely they will believe the earth is warming if they have data that shows that the earth is warming.

What evidence have you seen that causes you dismiss AGW.

Let me guess, that group is staffed by people who firmly believe in, and receive funding because of, AGW.

Quite the opposite. The Berkley Group was formed by Richard Muller who had generally been on the sceptical side. It was set up specifically to tackle controversies like the Urban Heat Islands etc.. Amongst it's funders were the fossil fuel magnate Koch brothers who fund loads of denialist advertising campaigns and right wing think tanks. Even Anthony Watts said he would stand by whatever the group found (he unsurprisingly changed his tune when the results didn't fit his narrative)

Have a look at the wikipedia page...

It very likely they will believe the earth is warming if they have data that shows that the earth is warming.

What evidence have you seen that causes you dismiss AGW.

Data doesn't show anything, you have to interpret data for it to mean anything.

And to interpret it to mean that the globe is warming DUE TO MAN, you have to have some really rigorous models that show how the current temperature fluctuations are outside the norm. That doesn't exist.

And we were just talking about one bit of data which appeared when I last investigated to have been invalidated, although I'm willing to look into the study this group did and see what they concluded.

• 2 weeks later...