Am I still allowed to question climate change?

Yes well I don't want to sound pessimistic and gloomy, I'm not really, but supposing they are right this time.

Erebus is always gloomy but what he says can't be entirely dismissed. Even some of us who do believe in a divine creator accept that humans have been given free reign to look after the planet and have to take some responsibility for what happens on it.

---------- Post added 27-09-2013 at 16:15 ----------

BBC -Todays viewpoints and reactions to IPCC report.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24296204

Erebus is one of the Greek primordial deities, the personification of darkness, so he is only living up to his name. He could of cause be a volcano in the Antarctic.

Well ask yourself some questions, here are a few.

Is the sea level rising,

Answer yes it is

Mountain glaciers are melting, therefore the earth is getting warmer, what ever the scientists say has happened in the past 15 years.

Unless someone else ha an explanation?

Mountain glaciers are melting, therefore the earth is getting warmer, what ever the scientists say has happened in the past 15 years.

This is just a guess.

Could it be because most of the worlds glaciers are in the Northern Hemisphere which is warming, whilst the Southern Hemisphere as cooled, so average global temperature stays the same but most of the glaciers still melt.

Edited by angos

This is just a guess.

Could it be because most of the worlds glaziers are in the Northern Hemisphere which is warming, whilst the Southern Hemisphere as cooled, so average global temperature stays the same but most of the glaziers still melt.

The word you are looking for is glacier. A glazier is someone who works with window glass.

This is just a guess.

Could it be because most of the worlds glaciers are in the Northern Hemisphere which is warming, whilst the Southern Hemisphere as cooled, so average global temperature stays the same but most of the glaciers still melt.

Its a good answer, I would like to know how the earths temperature is measured. Are the reading taken mostly on land, is measuring the temperature of the ocean quite new?

Its a good answer, I would like to know how the earths temperature is measured. Are the reading taken mostly on land, is measuring the temperature of the ocean quite new?

I think its a combination of ocean, air and satellite reading from all over the globe combined to give an average. So one area could see cooling whilst another sees warming.

Top of steel works chimneys in China and India, just to make the models look right.

Not melting as fast as the IPCC thought though are they...

Nor does the fact of melting in anyway indicate AGW, it would just show warming... (Although it could equally show reduced snowfall).