Am I still allowed to question climate change?

Wind and solar made up over 10% of the UK electricity production, and growing.

Nothing to stop a electric car owner getting their own wind turbine and solar panels.

This is true. Cars are far less of an issue when it come to the intermittency problem since you have to fork out for the energy storage (batteries) anyway. If you commute say 20 miles per day and have room for wind/solar at home, it is practical albeit very expensive, to run an alternative energy powered Nissan Leaf.

Still you have the rather large energy usage and environmental impact of constructing the car and batteries and you have to replace the batteries every few years. That's quite a lot of Lithium mining and regular energy generation that you have to account for.

That's quite a lot of Lithium mining and regular energy generation that you have to account for.

Even tho I am an environmentalist I dont consider the energy difference, if there is any, important; but cities have poor air quality, and putting the energy generation in the hands of ordinary people is a good thing.

Even tho I am an environmentalist I dont consider the energy difference, if there is any, important; but cities have poor air quality, and putting the energy generation in the hands of ordinary people is a good thing.

Electric cars are almost certainly the transport of the future.

A bit more battery technology improvement and some economy of scale in their manufacture and I think they'll start beating the combustion driven ones.

Not sure that it will work for lorries and buses though and they're responsible for a lot of the pollution. Might be waiting a bit longer for that, or end up converting them to Methane rather than electric. The only combustion products from methane are water and CO2 and they're nowhere near as toxic to humans as diesel fumes.

"Adverse interference with water tables is just another “wonderful” feature of “eco-friendly” wind farms."

I guess if wind turbines "interfere with water tables"; fracking is ruled out totally, lol.

“It is also a great irony that anti-fracking campaigners make spurious claims about potential water pollution and then support the construction on industrial wind turbines, which are demonstrably causing widespread pollution to our water supplies in Scotland.”

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/07/18/new-evidence-wind-farms-contaminating-water-supply-in-scotland/

That pretty much sums up the great global warming con...

It is difficult for both sides to know the real facts when people quote links to blogs and news sites that are akin to the Sun, and then at the same time some do not trust the likes of the BBC and NASA.

It is difficult for both sides to know the real facts when people quote links to blogs and news sites that are akin to the Sun, and then at the same time some do not trust the likes of the BBC and NASA.

No, it's difficult for one side to get at the facts, when the other does everything it can to hide and manipulate the raw data to suit it's own agenda.