Am I still allowed to question climate change?

Does anyone change their view?

I could state that the intensity, frequency and duration of hurricanes, have all increased; but you would no doubt not accept that.

Does it matter to Sheffield if sea levels rise, it does if we get mass immigration from parts of this country and other countries that suffer flooding.

There's more to hurricanes than a warm sea..

"In May, the NOAA predicted the 2017 hurricane season would be above normal, citing cooling waters in the Pacific and predicting two to four major hurricanes.

Finally, there was low wind shear throughout the season. Wind shear is the sudden changes in wind direction as you get higher and higher in the atmosphere. High wind shear tends to blow the tops off storms and saps them of their strength. “[Low wind shear] is the reason why storms like Irma were able to maintain 180 mph intensity for a day and a half,” Klotzbach says."

From here

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2017/10/25/16504488/hurricane-season-2017-what-the-hell

Does anyone change their view?

I could state that the intensity, frequency and duration of hurricanes, have all increased; but you would no doubt not accept that.

Does it matter to Sheffield if sea levels rise, it does if we get mass immigration from parts of this country and other countries that suffer flooding.

Not only would I not accept it I would use it as an opportunity to cite supporting science that shows thatthere has not been any significant increase in such storms.

Which nations do you think will be more subject to flooding than now? I will insist that the level of significance in this is that it would take more moeny for any local council in the world to sort out/counter than that local council spends on traffic lights if it has traffic lights.

I will also add a caviat that we will for the purpose of this test assume that the cost of traffic lights stays the same and driverless cars or what ever don't change things.

---------- Post added 05-02-2018 at 19:23 ----------

I just read what the experts say, Tim seems to know more than the experts!

I am able to show that the experts, when you drill down into what they say, don't preach doom.

At least not when they are not forced to do so due to grant application issues.

• 1 month later...

Let's look at what one of the 'experts' (Dr David Viner, CRU) said back in 2000.

"According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia,within a few years winter snowfall will become “a very rare and exciting event”.

“Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,” he said."

Let's look at what one of the 'experts' (Dr David Viner, CRU) said back in 2000.

"According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia,within a few years winter snowfall will become “a very rare and exciting event”.

Snow is less common than 100 years ago; but I am not sure what he meant by 'a few years'.

The climate of the UK does not prove or dis-prove global warming.

If you are going to quote experts, at least sight the article where the phrase originally came, and note in the same article

Heavy snow will return occasionally says Dr Viner but when it does we will be unperpared. "Were really going to get caught out.

Snow will probably cause chaos in 20 years time", he said.

https://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/snowfalls-are-now-just-a-thing-of-the-past-the-independent.pdf

If you are going to quote experts, at least sight the article where the phrase originally came, and note in the same article

Heavy snow will return occasionally says Dr Viner but when it does we will be unperpared. "Were really going to get caught out.

Snow will probably cause chaos in 20 years time", he said.

https://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/snowfalls-are-now-just-a-thing-of-the-past-the-independent.pdf

So basically, he was hedging his research grant...

So basically, he was hedging his research grant...

The anti-climate change briggade get the headlines everytime, that must be worth millions to the media.

Watts Up With That? (or WUWT) is a blog promoting climate change denial that was created by Anthony Watts in 2006.

Its not just a news source, its fake news.

Watts was funded by - " The Heartland Institute has received at least $676,500 from ExxonMobil since 1998 but no longer discloses its funding sources. The Union of Concerned Scientists found (PDF) that “Nearly 40% of the total funds that the Heartland Institute has received from ExxonMobil since 1998 were specifically designated for climate change projects.” "

The anti-climate change briggade get the headlines everytime, that must be worth millions to the media.

Watts Up With That? (or WUWT) is a blog promoting climate change denial that was created by Anthony Watts in 2006.

Its not just a news source, its fake news.

Watts was funded by - " The Heartland Institute has received at least $676,500 from ExxonMobil since 1998 but no longer discloses its funding sources. The Union of Concerned Scientists found (PDF) that “Nearly 40% of the total funds that the Heartland Institute has received from ExxonMobil since 1998 were specifically designated for climate change projects.” "

So, did the site lie about what Dr Viner said?