Those who have served their country, BBC license

The BBC are funding TV licenses for the over 75s, why not all the people that have served in the armed forces?

Should Sky customers pay for free Sky for the over 75s? Are they getting free TV because their pensions are so meager, why do they get certain things for free?

As much as I respect the armed forces I don't see why they shouldn't have to pay the licence fee. Someone on here suggested they should get free bus travel the other day. Where will this stop, no energy bills to pay? free cinema entry??

As for over 75's, it should be means tested as some over 75's are quite well off.

The BBC are funding TV licenses for the over 75s, why not all the people that have served in the armed forces?

Should Sky customers pay for free Sky for the over 75s? Are they getting free TV because their pensions are so meager, why do they get certain things for free?

You say why not, I say why?

I remember reading that at 75+ your eyes and ears are 'not what they used to be' and thus TV Licence for free was a thing. How true that is or not I really don't know.

My grandparents have loads of money, they have bigger televisions in every room, but still grandma cannot see too good.

They dont use the free bus pass very often, they dont get out much, or they order a taxi.

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 20:07 ----------

You say why not, I say why?

Why just one set of oldies, is it because they are old, or because they are not interested in watching TV, it all sounds rather illogical.

So you're quite happy for your elderly relatives to pay a licence fee ,the elderly don't get that many free sevices .They don't ask much, a lot of elderly people live on theire own with only the comfort of a TV, and you would begrudge them a bit of pleasure .Sad really.

I dont have any elderly relatives that cannot afford a license.

So it's more a case of you're (family) are alright Jack?

Why should ex service people get free TV license? They've done a job, they were paid for it at the time. They'll get a free TV license (if it still exists) when they reach 75.

I'm a pensioner, not 75 yet though! I understood why older people were being given a free licence, pensions were pretty basic and it meant quite a lot. Now it costs around £12 a month, less than £3 a week which even for those on Pension Credit isn't much. Instead of Winter Fuel Payments, Christmas bonus and free licences, I don't know why the amounts aren't just added to the state pension, then the better off would pay a bit of extra tax, and the rest of us non taxpayers would get a bit more every month.

Why should any multi millionaire in their 70's get free anything when impoverished disabled people can't even access basic care?

Why should anyone living in Spain still get a Winter fuel allowance?

Why should anyone earning £30k still get tax credits?

There are loads of ways to cut back without making people destitute but the Govt seems to want to punish and hurt the poorest in society. Because they are ********.