Those who have served their country, BBC license

I'm ex-forces (27 years worth) and the idea of being rewarded with a free TV license is not something that has ever crossed my mind :huh:

Mind you I wouldn't say no :P

Where would you draw the line? There must be many hundreds of thousands of people still alive who have spent time in the forces, from as little as a week to 40 years plus :roll:

There shouldn't be a TV license.

The BBC ought be subscription only, with BBC1, BBC News, BBC radio and local BBC channels free for all due to it's important role of serving up propaganda to the masses.

The BBC have to pay for it themselves instead of getting everyone else to pay for it. Hence the luvvies being up in arms.

Explain further please.

Luvvies?

By"everyone else to pay for it" you mean the tax payer? Yes?

So the BBC pays for it and we all get a tax reduction?

Just stick it all on the iPlayer and give people a choice between a monthly subscription to watch whatever you want, or buy individual programmes. Time for the BBC to move with the times, it isn't the 1950s anymore.

Move with the times? You mean like watching a load of regurgitated crap on Sky?. Yeah, the technology may have moved on but the crap it knocks out..at a premium has a lot to answer for IMO. No, I'll stick with my fee (good uninterrupted value)..never perfect, but in life what is. You can always go to Fox for your entertainment...or RT.

Why should any multi millionaire in their 70's get free anything when impoverished disabled people can't even access basic care?

Why should anyone living in Spain still get a Winter fuel allowance?

Why should anyone earning £30k still get tax credits?

There are loads of ways to cut back without making people destitute but the Govt seems to want to punish and hurt the poorest in society. Because they are ********.

Because means testing these benefits would cost more than the saving that would be made.

---------- Post added 07-07-2015 at 09:07 ----------

Don't over 75's already get a free TV licence?

So what's changed?

Presumably free at the moment means that the govm pay the BBC for it.

The suggestion is that the govm will no longer pay, and thus the BBC will 'pay' for it (in lost income).