Telegraph list of Britains best beer festivals

DnAuK

Magna? Hardly inspirational is it?

They are all good but not good enough it appears (for the telegraph at least)

Well just speaking from personal experience having been to both Indy Man and Newcastle, whilst good Leeds International leaves em standing. And quite how they can ignore Nottingham with 1000 beers...

Magna is one of my favourite festivals - love the atmosphere, especially of the West Yorkshire room. And 3 Valleys is just so different it surely has to be worth a mention? If these people had actually got off their ar$e and been to any.

being brutally honest, Sheffield/Magna/3 Valleys probably don't warrant a place in a Top Ten… Much as I enjoy them all, they don't have the USP that some others do. GBBF for the sheer size (even though personally I don't like it, on a lot of levels), Nottingham for the colossal beer range (and venue!), IMBC/BBB for the mix of cask & keg and range of styles

McSpoons is a joke, ok it's a nationwide thing, but 50 beers over 2 weeks is not what I call a beer festival. It's some pubs temporarily expanding their range. The Shakespeare probably goes through 50-odd beers EVERY fortnight! Well nearly…

being brutally honest, Sheffield/Magna/3 Valleys probably don't warrant a place in a Top Ten… Much as I enjoy them all, they don't have the USP that some others do. GBBF for the sheer size (even though personally I don't like it, on a lot of levels), Nottingham for the colossal beer range (and venue!), IMBC/BBB for the mix of cask & keg and range of styles

McSpoons is a joke, ok it's a nationwide thing, but 50 beers over 2 weeks is not what I call a beer festival. It's some pubs temporarily expanding their range. The Shakespeare probably goes through 50-odd beers EVERY fortnight! Well nearly…

About the only beer festival I'd want to add to the list from my personal knowledge is Norwich City Of Ale, which is a bit like a bigger version of 3 Valleys. I think from this entry we know which one can be taken out to make room for it

Burton CAMRA Beer & Cider Festival

Although I've never been to this local CAMRA event (held annually in March), some of THE best kept cask ale I've ever had was served to me by the same volunteers who run this festival. While you're there keep an eye out for Andrew Griffiths, MP for Burton & Uttoxeter, who is a passionate beer advocate and Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Beer Group.

1) Not sure I'd want to put a beer festival I'd not been to on the list

2) Why mention Andrew Griffiths unless you want him to get a custard pie in the face from anti-pubco campaigners?

OK, so we would already replace 'Spoons and Burton with Nottingham and Norwich, and I would replace Craft Beer Calling with Leeds International, so that's 3 changed already. What about Reading? I've never been. Is it any good?