Something to boost the city centre?

Town is always busy......just could be alot busier!

I havent been to Meadowhall in about 4 years.....its pants!

Haven't you heard......Meadowhall is getting a Wetherspoons

then again I've never been to that place my friends call Meadowhell. Ive yet to find anyone who actually enjoys going out there and Im not sure a Wetherspoons is going to sway it for me.

Im off to Leeds tomorrow, Ill report back if the streets really are paved in gold, or if its car parking utopia

---------- Post added 07-07-2015 at 23:01 ----------

Don't hold your breath waiting for the city to improve because as long as Labour are in charge, it isn't happening.

Did it change that much under the 6 years the Libdems lead the council then or indeed when the single conservative Councillor had the casting vote in a NOC Council?

then again I've never been to that place my friends call Meadowhell. Ive yet to find anyone who actually enjoys going out there

My son enjoys Meadowhall, lots of shiny things on the ceiling to look at, the glass lifts and many passers by to smile at.

Saying that, he also like to stare at the washing machine and is fond of chewing mud when he can get his hands on it.

My son enjoys Meadowhall, lots of shiny things on the ceiling to look at, the glass lifts and many passers by to smile at.

Saying that, he also like to stare at the washing machine and is fond of chewing mud when he can get his hands on it.

Some years ago I had a heart bypass, Meadowhell was great. It was winter and Meadowhell was warm, dry and reasonably flat, with plenty of seats to people watch.

Can't see it making a difference. There is no shops really to encourage people to the city centre. It needs a lot of investment and many businesses to come to attract t people to it. It's easier to go elsewhere for things and do your shopping all in one place.

Can't see it making a difference. There is no shops really to encourage people to the city centre. It needs a lot of investment and many businesses to come to attract t people to it. It's easier to go elsewhere for things and do your shopping all in one place.

Leeds or Manchester?

Not sure if longer hours would make any difference. I can't say my Sunday shopping has been curtailed because of the current restrictions.

I suppose it all depends if the city centre shops offer what people want, are actually open, and if the council will ensure free parking to encourage it.

Totally agree about town centre parking.

To be honest, Sunday opening times are not the reason why Sheffield town centre has fallen behind the competition.

If people don't want to shop in Sheffield Monday to Saturday, why would they want to do so on Sunday?

For me, Sunday shopping is more of a meander and casual walk and browse round, grab a bite to eat and maybe a drink or two, and less of a "get in - get shopping - get out as soon as possible" event.

The last time I was in Sheffield on a Sunday I felt it was all over too soon because of so little open or present (there was no Moor).