Who is the most famous person you have seen/met?

Okay, some you may know, some you may not:

Khalid Aziz (was a newsreader for Look North many, many moons ago)...he shurikened his credit card at me as I hadn't prepared his restaurant bill quick enough for him. I was incredibly polite irregardless.

Annabel Croft (tennis player) and her boyfriend at the time, Mel.....Annabel was asking me for empty beer cans or beer crates she could tie to the back of the bride and groom's car!!! She was such a lovely person!

Reg Presley (lead singer of The Troggs).....opened a fete at the hospital in Winchester, Hampshire, and came into our pub (The County Arms) for a pint. Had a really great natter with him. He's a really down to earth guy, so nice.

Buster Merryfield (Uncle Albert from Only Fools and Horses).....his grandson was in my class at agricultural college and Buster came along to our open day as a family member. Such a lovely old gent.

Graham Hurley (author)....I got to know Graham when I was working at Portsmouth Central Library. One of his key advisors on Police procedure for his books was a probationer my dad trained and I'd known since I was a nipper. Graham's a really sound bloke, another true gent and down to earth.

Jacqueline Wilson (children's author).....again, at Portsmouth Central Library. Jacqueline was doing a book signing for the nippers and we all had a laugh with her.

Bernie Winters and Schnorbitz....my college got us to sit in the audience at the Tom O'Connor Roadshow when it was filmed in Portsmouth. We got to meet Bernie and Schnorbitz backstage, and I'm sorry, but Schnorbitz made more of an impression on me than Bernie did, but he was very polite.

Jess Conrad (singer)....goalie at a celebs versus Police charity footie match in the 70's. I don't remember much except that I was too shy to ask for his autograph as he was being mobbed by teenage girlies.

Roy North (oppo to Basil Brush in the 70's)....same charity football match. This time I was too shy to ask for his autograph as he was Basil Brush's best mate (easily starstruck).

Julia Fordham (singer)....Julia started out as a backing singer. Remember Mari Wilson and the Wilsations? Julia was a Wilsation, then went on to have a solo career. She was dating the son of the couple from nextdoor (who were originally from Brightside). I occasionally would have a chat with Julia if she was visiting (could tell you a funny story about a Shopper bicycle and it folding at an inopportune moment!)

Not very impressive, I know.....but have loads of mates and relatives who've met famous people......

Ah ha ha ha! Boom Boom! The 70s answer to Mr Stephen! :lol:

I miss the original Basil Brush shows, I wish they'd release them on DVD, the current CBBC shows are good but Mr Stephen's annoying, the wide faced berk! :lol:

i'v met Phillip Schofield at the superbowl in the 80's or early 90's, i cant remember exactly cos i was only young and he said HI to me...:hihi:

i also saw that guy from flog it down hillsborough a few weeks back....anyone else see him:confused:

or was i just imagining it lol

I said hello to Sam Riley (Ian Curtis in Control) at the airport, having just seen the film two days earlier in Berlin. It was a very strange feeling, having been quite emotionally affected by watching the film, surreal almost. He gave a wonderful performance to a difficult role, I wish him lots of luck in music/film for the future.