Who is the most famous person you have seen/met?

Bernie Ecclestone.

Portugese Grand Prix around 1985/86. He came over and personally examined my journalist pits pass, and had a chat about various things. About 5 minutes later a couple of heavies came over and chucked me out of the pit lane!

I have seen the Queen! She waved at me! :hihi: - and thousands of others, outside the Midland Station - in the 70's!

I saw her as well, an hour or two later. After lunch at the Town Hall the Queen and Duke did a walkabout. As they went past where I was standing, the Queen said (to nobody in particular) "It's lovely weather". I replied "Yes, ma'am - we arranged it specially for you". H.M. laughed and slightly threw back her head - revealing several fillings in the Royal top set...

Postscript: I remember the report in The Star at the time - apparently nobody had told the Town Hall chef that the Queen's favourite aperitif was Dubonnet & lemonade. The Town Hall cellars were empty of Dubonnet, and there was a minor panic as someone was sent out to buy a bottle. Somerfields across the road didn't have any, and I think a bottle was eventually located at Victoria Wine in Charles Street...

Edited by hillsbro

SHOWADDYWADDY Went out with their drummer, met Sean Bean, before he was famous / went to school with him, got a photo of Steve Backley and willie Carson, Met Roger Decorsey, NUff Said

If you went out with either malc or ro then you would know where they lived in leicester

Gordon Jackson (Upstairs Downstairs), Matt Letissier (not sure of spelling), David Seaman, June Brown (Dot Cotton), Letitia Dean, Hale and Pace and probably my favourite (though a little tenuous) John Miller (Glenn Miller's nephew, son of Herb - the last of the Miller family doing the big swing band thing.

A friend of mine did lodge with JRR Tolkein many years ago too.

I`ve met.

All members of Bjorn Again (Abba tribute)

Helen sharman-astranaut

Jools Holland

Bobby ball

Bucks fizz (woop woop)

All members of INXS inc Michael hutchins (sp)

Paddy ashdown

Rolf Harris

Pato Banton (Baby come back)

John Leslie

Kirsty macoll (sp)

Richard Whitely

Skunk anansie

saw doctors

sleeper

bluetones

Robbie williams

Courtney pine