Who is the most famous person you have seen/met?

I shook hands with and had a conversation with Chief Constable Richard Wells at Victoria Hall. That was in the mid nineties. I also met Bobby Knutt when he was switching the Christmas lights on outside John Lewis store. Shook hands with him also! He commented on my white gloves I was directing traffic at the time (not a snooker referee!) Bobby said, " Ooo white gloves in mock camp expression!

So I'm in Flares? Millionaires?, no I think it was Flares, I remember Dean was the 70s-80s DJ.

I've had plenty to drink and I'm a little drunk.

I think it was a works christmas party, the whole place was filled with Pc Service Call Techincal Phone Gibbons.

I'm stood watching this bird dance, when I gets an abrupt tap on the shoulder.

Turns around and there is this little short bloke stood in front of me, "Hi Digsy isn't it" without giving me time to respond he starts this diatribe about a show or something, and they are looking for an I.T guy that's funny, they'd been asking around and people had directed them to me.

<REMOVED>, if there is one things I hate it's being touched, and my attention had been distracted away from my sensory overload.

Stood over his left shoulder is this lass towering over him, just stood there grinning, nodding to everything he was saying.

I says "hang on what are you on about, funny show on tv?"

Nick Frost "Yes we're doing a show called Hyperdrive and we're looking for a geeky, techy type bloke to play the ships engineer, but he has to be funny, can you be funny".

I says "yeah I bet I can make her laugh in two words".

Nick Frost looking all excited and expectant "go on then".

I says "your phat".

His mouth dropped his bottom lip wibbled a little, he wasn't sure whether run off crying or throw a headbutt I could see it in his eyes.

The lass over his shoulder burst out into laughter, and he storms off, Miranda Hart says to me "that was kinda funny".

I says "do you know what it means".

She says "yeah phat means cool in street talk" and chuckled again.

I says "don't what your laughing at your phat too".

She says "now your pushing it".

I says "shame he's took offence 'cos your kinda sweet I could work with you".

She huffed and walked off.

The little gathering of work colleagues who had dragged little and large over here to dig me in the shoulder start singing in harmony.

"Digsy, what did you do that for, you could have been on T.V."

I turned back to watch the girl dance and carried on with my pint laughing.

Saying to myself "now that is a joke if ever I heard one".

Just as a side note.

Woe to ye oh earth and sea for the devil sends the beast with wrath for he knows his time is short, let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number his number is coincidentally the same a this posts.
Edited by esme
not so masked swearing

• 2 months later...

Rod Stewart

Rachael Hunter

Pete postlethwaite

Robert Carlyle

billy Connelly

Sean Bean

Christopher Lambert

Seal

Full Monty Cast