Florida State QB kicked off team after punching girl in bar

I grew up with the notion that men who hit women are tossers. Nothing's changed.

Try observing a bar fight some time. Once fuelled with alcohol there is not much difference between the sexes, apart from the women coming armed with talons.

If anyone came at me and started throwing punches, they'd get one back right on the nose, with force. That gives most people cause to pause and lets you escape.

I grew up with the notion that men who hit women are tossers. Nothing's changed.
Should I understand this as you saying that males domestically abused by their female partners are 'tossers' if they should dare to defend themselves?

I know a few female TKD higher belts (black and 1 down) and have sparred with them: I wouldn't like to take a full-contact punch or kick from them, even fully prepared for it. They'll easily drop any bloke not prepared for it, however big, like a sack of potatoes. Not that I'd ever expect them to throw the first punch or be drunk/disorderly to the extent of doing that...but we're all humans, and all fallible.

Edited by L00b

She hit first - she has to put up with the consequences. Sorry it's harsh, but that the way it is.

Me? I wouldn't have hit her. A woman hit my young teen daughter the other day. Not too hard but enough to shock her, I very nearly lost it and hit her. I didn't. I was in a crowd and all anyone would have seen was a man confronting and possibly hitting, probably shaking a woman. I would have lost in that situation, even though I feel I would've been in the right.

She hit first - she has to put up with the consequences. Sorry it's harsh, but that the way it is.

Me? I wouldn't have hit her. A woman hit my young teen daughter the other day. Not too hard but enough to shock her, I very nearly lost it and hit her. I didn't. I was in a crowd and all anyone would have seen was a man confronting and possibly hitting, probably shaking a woman. I would have lost in that situation, even though I feel I would've been in the right.

The only person ive ever hit in my adult life is a women.

I was going to mention this in my first post but thought better of it, now ive seem some of the stupid replies i thought, What the hell, im a little cold and could do with a warming up.

Flame away :)

You can kill a lot more people with a bat or knife than with a fist. That's why there are laws specifically against carrying dangerous weapons and not for amputating hands just in case.

And one punch laws or king hits by another name. It's quite the rage over here at the moment im sorry to say.

What if she had just been a physically weak male throwing the first punch? Would that have changed anything?

We are conditioned to thinking hitting women is wrong (or wronger than hitting men). Hitting a physically weak male is more acceptable than hitting a physically strong female. Why?

Edited by Waldo

What if she had just been a physically weak male throwing the first punch? Would that have changed anything?

Why a physically weak man? Are you saying women hit like weak men because if you are then youre behind the times. Some of them hit like men and it can bloody hurt.

Why a physically weak man? Are you saying women hit like weak men because if you are then youre behind the times. Some of them hit like men and it can bloody hurt.

That wasn't really my point.

I'm questioning the validity of our social norms; generally, men are taught hitting women is wrong, that was the message I got growing up at least. I am trying to understand, why the presence or absence of dangly bits between the legs, is a criteria determining if it's acceptable to hit a person or not.

I think that's the point.

However... yes and I know this is sexist and realistic and everything but... a man with a bad scar on his face can look attractive to the opposite sex despite this, and indeed in some cases it can enhance his looks.

Rarely can a bad scar on a girl's face look attractive to the opposite sex (or the same sex presumably, but I don't know) - and this is why it is so much worse for women to be hit.

Hunkers down ready for the flack...

That wasn't really my point.

I'm questioning the validity of our social norms; generally, men are taught hitting women is wrong, that was the message I got growing up at least. I am trying to understand, why the presence or absence of dangly bits between the legs, is a criteria determining if it's acceptable to hit a person or not.

Social norms change with time. Its progress i suppose but i was taught in my youth never to hit a girl and i didnt. Thing is girls have been known to use this to their advantage and so dont feel it a problem to hit a man. In fact take a look at TV for one example. When a women hits a man its usually met with laughs or approval. When its the other way around the man is worse than Hitler, worse than a Paedo, Worse even than a PSCO and some women think this is the same in real life.

In my incident years ago i made the mistake of knocking a drink from someones hand. I apologised and offered a new drink but this women just started hitting me. I told her to stop or id knock her out but she just kept saying "IM A WOMEN!" with what felt like every punch. Id had enough to true to my word i knocked her out. I mean spark out.

I was then arrested but on viewing of the footage i was released without charge. I didnt bother making a complaint to the police about her though. I figured crooked teeth was a high enough price for her to pay.

---------- Post added 09-07-2015 at 10:02 ----------

I think that's the point.

However... yes and I know this is sexist and realistic and everything but... a man with a bad scar on his face can look attractive to the opposite sex despite this, and indeed in some cases it can enhance his looks.

Rarely can a bad scar on a girl's face look attractive to the opposite sex (or the same sex presumably, but I don't know) - and this is why it is so much worse for women to be hit.

Hunkers down ready for the flack...

So youre saying we should hit them because it could damage their looks? :hihi:

Start digging that Anderson shelter mate. You may need it lol