Hunting - the window into Politics

It is not a matter of being prejudiced against the aristocracy as you seem to be obsessed with. There are, rightly or wrongly, religious reasons for kosher food and at least the way the animals are killed is quick. Are you saying that hunting should be allowed on religious grounds because the hunters want to eat the fox as part of some weird religious rite or requirement and that chasing it all over the countryside at great distress before finally ripping it apart is part of that perversion?

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 22:34 ----------

Why, because he disagrees with you?

Once again you are repeating the lie that it's carried out by just the aristocracy albeit by implication.

It isn't. All walks of life do it (perhaps except perhaps certain underclass and recent immigrants).

Here's another one: Domestic cats allowed to roam freely routinely kill wild birds and their chicks, small rodents etc. They're not nice about it either. They like to torment their living prey so that they produce adrenaline which tenderises the meat. Shall we ban cats?

Your comparisons are now starting to get REALLY weird!! Domestic or not it is part of a cats instinct to hunt, are you saying that its part of the aristocracy's instinct to hunt? They are also not nice about it either, they use large packs of vicious dogs to chase a terrified animal and torment it. I assume that the hunters like the fox to produce lots of adrenaline so that the fox is nice and tender before the dogs rip it apart.

OK, heres one for you. There were reports the other day about seagulls pecking a dog to death, im sure it wasnt quick or painless and there are many reports of other birds attack other animals and even humans. Shall we now ban all birds? In fact, lets ban nature after all all of it is cruel, but that is natural instinct and cannot be changed. Hunters CHOOSE to be cruel and thats the difference, that CAN be banned and should be.

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 22:48 ----------

It's hard not to form this conclusion based on some of the comments so far. RonJeremy helpfully highlighted them in post 40.

I concede that none of them are yours and I accept that there are other motives for wanting to keep the ban.

In this debate it is always YOU that brings in an implication that it is a "class" war. It isnt, it just happens that the majority who do it are of the upper class, it would be just as cruel if it was the lower classes that were the ones doing it. I notice that you are not pushing to bring back the lower class "sport" of dog fighting. Perhaps it is just YOU that are obsessed with the so called class aspect

Your comparisons are now starting to get REALLY weird!! Domestic or not it is part of a cats instinct to hunt, are you saying that its part of the aristocracy's instinct to hunt? They are also not nice about it either, they use large packs of vicious dogs to chase a terrified animal and torment it. I assume that the hunters like the fox to produce lots of adrenaline so that the fox is nice and tender before the dogs rip it apart.

OK, heres one for you. There were reports the other day about seagulls pecking a dog to death, im sure it wasnt quick or painless and there are many reports of other birds attack other animals and even humans. Shall we now ban all birds? In fact, lets ban nature after all all of it is cruel, but that is natural instinct and cannot be changed. Hunters CHOOSE to be cruel and thats the difference, that CAN be banned and should be.

And again. Keep up the lies.

It is a natural human instinct to hunt.

Domestic cats are cruel and unpleasant.

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 22:51 ----------

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 22:48 ----------

In this debate it is always YOU that brings in an implication that it is a "class" war. It isnt, it just happens that the majority who do it are of the upper class, it would be just as cruel if it was the lower classes that were the ones doing it. I notice that you are not pushing to bring back the lower class "sport" of dog fighting. Perhaps it is just YOU that are obsessed with the so called class aspect

no it isn't. Total lie.

Sorry not clear.

Most country people who are a part of the genuine countryside are for hunting. But as you say not all.

In kinda agreeing with you.

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 22:32 ----------

There is a lot of immigration to the country from the town for many reasons: increased prosperity; white flight; preferring a gentler way of life. These people are counted as country dwellers, but they aren't country folk. This probably skews the stats. I accept it isn't black and white though.

Fair point about immigration, but I still believe a majority of people who grew up in the countryside are against legalising hunting. I know a lot of people in the countryside who have always lived in the countryside and their parents are against making hunting legal!

And again. Keep up the lies.

\I am merely reacting to unbelievers obsession that it IS a class war, I know that other members of "class" take part in this cruel "sport" but unbeliever either does not know that or will not accept that because it will clash with his class war blinkers and his seemingly sole reason to allow this perversion to continue

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 23:03 ----------

Domestic cats are cruel and unpleasant.

Fox hunters beat them by far for cruelty and unpleasantness

\I am merely reacting to unbelievers obsession that it IS a class war, I know that other members of "class" take part in this cruel "sport" but unbeliever either does not know that or will not accept that because it will clash with his class war blinkers and his seemingly sole reason to allow this perversion to continue

The what was the "Jemima and the pony club" remark about?

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 23:06 ----------

Take another look at the bold parts quoted in post 40.

Then try to tell me again that I'm the one who brought class war into this.

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 23:03 ----------

Fox hunters beat them by far for cruelty and unpleasantness

What? More foxes are killed than songbirds and small rodents by cats? Garbage.

Cats have an instinct to hunt and play with their "toys".

Humans had an instinct to hunt for food. The vast majority of humans do not now have an instinct for watching foxes getting ripped apart and calling it a family sport.

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 23:31 ----------

Ron Jeremy, would you support a repeal of the dog fighting ban?

Cats have an instinct to hunt and play with their "toys".

Humans had an instinct to hunt for food. The vast majority of humans do not now have an instinct for watching foxes getting ripped apart and calling it a family sport.

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 23:31 ----------

Ron Jeremy, would you support a repeal of the dog fighting ban?

No. And I would like to see the people who do it punished much more than I should. The two things are so not comparable.

One is pest control done in a rather elaborate way. The other is sickening and revolting.

Hunts bred foxes to enable them to get their thrill watching a kill. Fox hunting is not about pest control. Its about a perveted pleasure from watching an animal being ripped to shreds.

Dog fighting is fairer. One dog against another dog.

Cameron wants to be able to legalise an unlimited number of dogs against one fox for fun, not pest control.