London tube strike today,selfish??

its hardly the case here is it? and you can do something about it...change your job.

I didnt say it was the case here but you said striking should be stopped. That right taken away from us.

If the job changes after i got it i dont see why i should go find another job. Id sooner strike and get back the terms for which i was initially employed under.

pay them more money then. simples:)

then i bet you would be the first to moan when train and tube prices shoot up:rolleyes:

---------- Post added 09-07-2015 at 10:40 ----------

I didnt say it was the case here but you said striking should be stopped. That right taken away from us.

If the job changes after i got it i dont see why i should go find another job. Id sooner strike and get back the terms for which i was initially employed under.

i do think striking should be outlawed, jobs do change the workplace changes and therefore working practices must change with the times, just because you were employed under one term one year the position of the company may change the next.

It's not about pay though is it? It's about 'work-life balance' apparently. They are planning on running tubes through the night and staff don't want to be made to work it. Imagine how you would feel if someone said to you that your job was suddently going 24 hour and you had to work nights. Would you like it? Even for a £2k rise? Maybe you would...maybe you wouldn't. The people who are striking clearly don't.

This isn't about money. It's about having a contract change forced upon them. Smilersarah, what is your job? Would you feel ok about it if your employer came in tomorrow and said 'right, I need you to start working Friday nights. Here's £250 as compensation. You start tomorrow at 9pm.' You'd be totally cool about that would you?

Of course other people work night shifts, and the drivers aren't against working nights per se, it's about the total lack of conversation with them about some seriously major contract changes. If TfL had offered voluntary contract changes then they wouldn't be in this mess but they have tried to force it through and the drivers and unions are absolutely justified in this. Londoners have a 1 day of transport chaos in return for some basic rights that all of us in the UK benefit from. Nearly all the basic employment rights you have are down to worker striking for them in the past and you want to take this right away? Ok, when we have full legislation that puts employees first in every single law then go for it. Until then, employers hold all the cards as they pay us, therefore we are powerless as individuals against poor treatment that just isn't illegal yet. Striking is one of the few powers we have as workers and frankly you are an utter idiot if you think taking it away is a good thing.

Please answer my first question about what you do for a job as I am very interested...

i do think striking should be outlawed, jobs do change the workplace changes and therefore working practices must change with the times, just because you were employed under one term one year the position of the company may change the next.

So my initial contract would count for nothing then?

It's not about pay though is it? It's about 'work-life balance' apparently. They are planning on running tubes through the night and staff don't want to be made to work it. Imagine how you would feel if someone said to you that your job was suddently going 24 hour and you had to work nights. Would you like it? Even for a £2k rise? Maybe you would...maybe you wouldn't. The people who are striking clearly don't.

like i said people need to move with the times, there is obviously a need for 24 hr tube and i very much doubt that the workers will be constantly working after hours shifts it would be on a rota system.

my work changes constantly if you dont like it find another job?? simples

like i said people need to move with the times, there is obviously a need for 24 hr tube and i very much doubt that the workers will be constantly working after hours shifts it would be on a rota system.

my work changes constantly if you dont like it find another job?? simples

You didnt really answer anything in that post.

---------- Post added 09-07-2015 at 10:49 ----------

2k wouldnt get much in London anyway especially once tax is paid on it.

This isn't about money. It's about having a contract change forced upon them. Smilersarah, what is your job? Would you feel ok about it if your employer came in tomorrow and said 'right, I need you to start working Friday nights. Here's £250 as compensation. You start tomorrow at 9pm.' You'd be totally cool about that would you?

Of course other people work night shifts, and the drivers aren't against working nights per se, it's about the total lack of conversation with them about some seriously major contract changes. If TfL had offered voluntary contract changes then they wouldn't be in this mess but they have tried to force it through and the drivers and unions are absolutely justified in this. Londoners have a 1 day of transport chaos in return for some basic rights that all of us in the UK benefit from. Nearly all the basic employment rights you have are down to worker striking for them in the past and you want to take this right away? Ok, when we have full legislation that puts employees first in every single law then go for it. Until then, employers hold all the cards as they pay us, therefore we are powerless as individuals against poor treatment that just isn't illegal yet. Striking is one of the few powers we have as workers and frankly you are an utter idiot if you think taking it away is a good thing.

Please answer my first question about what you do for a job as I am very interested...

its always about money! unionised workers are never happy they are always looking for any excuse to push the boundaries its the them an us mentality.

as for my job i am self employed now after many years of employing people i got sick of the whinging !! from some although i did have others that would jump to help out and got treated much better and paid much better as they were flexible, the whingers i did my upmost to get rid!

in this case the RMT are one of the most vorciferous.

so tell me why should the workers have more rights than employers??

---------- Post added 09-07-2015 at 10:55 ----------

So my initial contract would count for nothing then?

it needs to be flexible and move with the times:thumbsup:

then i bet you would be the first to moan when train and tube prices shoot up:rolleyes:

you dont seem to understand the situation cos clearly all your bothered about is holdups.

they are extending the opening / running hours, so the fayres would not shoot up. its transport london proposing this change, not the tube drivers / workers!

despite the fact its more dangerous etc, they could and should pay more for unsociable hours... the dispute is about work / life balance.

---------- Post added 09-07-2015 at 11:02 ----------

perfectly put...someone comes in says you have to work 24 hour shifts, dealing with drunks, threat of violence and missing out on family time. what do you say??

Edited by phoenixboy