London tube strike today,selfish??

you dont seem to understand the situation cos clearly all your bothered about is holdups.

they are extending the opening / running hours, so the fayres would not shoot up. its transport london proposing this change, not the tube drivers / workers!

despite the fact its more dangerous etc, they could and should pay more for unsociable hours... the dispute is about work / life balance.

---------- Post added 09-07-2015 at 11:02 ----------

perfectly put...someone comes in says you have to work 24 hour shifts, dealing with drunks, threat of violence and missing out on family time. what do you say??

of course thats all i am bothered about, holdups cost me money and half of London! why should a couple of hundred drivers inconvenience the rest of us.

a gain if you dont like the job get another one:rolleyes:

of course thats all i am bothered about, holdups cost me money and half of London! why should a couple of hundred drivers inconvenience the rest of us.

Why dont you get another job? Once that wont cost you money if the tube drivers go on strike?

So you would be quite happy to go out and get another job if your contract was suddenly changed in front of your eyes then? If striking is banned and people have no way of protesting such things what is to stop the next employer you move onto doing the same thing? And the next... and the next.

Pretty soon your choice is simple - do as your told or don't work at all.

its up to london transport isnt it? they have to negotiate...or take trains off the service.

but get your facts straight the typical driver earns £50k. workers on the platforms etc earn less. hardly amazing money for london for what is a stressful / busy job.