Moving to Spain but worried about terrorism

I've spent the last four days in the Netherlands. The father (divorced from natural auntie) of one of my cousins lives in Tunisia (he is Dutch) at less than 10 minutes drive from where the shooting happened. He still loves it there despite that and wouldn't move even if you offered him a million euros.

What a ridiculous thread.

You are at risk anywhere in the Western world really, though the risk is quite small.

If IS or Al-Queda or any other terrorist group wanted to target Spain - and I know people from Vigo, they are all lovely and the football team is great - but no offence, Vigo is very unlikely to be top of their hit list.

Been watching 'A Place In The Sun', at the moment they feature Spain quite frequently most of the houses shown in Spain have bars on the windows because apparently crime is quite high there not terrorism.

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 10:10 ----------

I've spent the last four days in the Netherlands. The father (divorced from natural auntie) of one of my cousins lives in Tunisia (he is Dutch) at less than 10 minutes drive from where the shooting happened. He still loves it there despite that and wouldn't move even if you offered him a million euros.

Went on a Holiday to Tunisia, stayed at the same hotel where the shootings took place.

Away from the hotel we found it to be the scruffiest place imaginable, constantly badgered to buy things, met with rude comments if you did not buy.

Go one row back from the main roads and you think you gone to a massive rubbish dump and then you realise that the people who work in your hotel preparing you food etc live there.

Been watching 'A Place In The Sun', at the moment they feature Spain quite frequently most of the houses shown in Spain have bars on the windows because apparently crime is quite high there not terrorism

Nearest you've been to abroad.

Many buildings have ornamental grills on their properties in order to leave their properties open but locked...it's called airflow.

Went on a Holiday to Tunisia, stayed at the same hotel where the shootings took place.

Away from the hotel we found it to be the scruffiest place imaginable, constantly badgered to buy things, met with rude comments if you did not buy.

Go one row back from the main roads and you think you gone to a massive rubbish dump and then you realise that the people who work in your hotel preparing you food etc live there.

Considering the positive comments by most holiday makers out there it probably says more about you than the general Tunisian population.

Nearest you've been to abroad.

Many buildings have ornamental grills on their properties in order to leave their properties open but locked...it's called airflow.

Considering the positive comments by most holiday makers out there it probably says more about you than the general Tunisian population.

Most of the people rarely venture out of the hotel complex, 80% of the people on our plane never left the hotel, just a few of us ventured outside plus taking in a couple of trips, what a pighole once you left the hotel and saw how and where the people preparing you food lived.