Commercial pub attercliffe

Railway on Tinsley Park Rd!! I don't think so that was on Broughton Lane. The pubs on Tinsley Park were The Friendship and The Fishermans Rest.

The Railway was on Broughton Lane as I stated with some ambiguity! Jack & Brenda Horsefield used to run it until the Goodisons took it over and it want a bit awry after that.

Edited by Marx

What Marx meant was that Tinsley Park Road and the pubs in question (Fisherman's and Friendship) were ACROSS Broughton Lane from the old Railway, not on it.

---------- Post added 12-07-2015 at 20:38 ----------

I think what Marx meant was that Tinsley Park Road and the two pubs on it-Friendship Inn and Fisherman's Rest- were ACROSS from Broughton Lane and the old Railway pub, not on it. (The correct direction is up the hill and first right over the bridge)

To be pedantic, Tinsley Park Rd was from Coleridge Rd to Greenland Rd which started directly over the bridge and ran to Darnall. :)

To be pedantic, Tinsley Park Rd was from Coleridge Rd to Greenland Rd which started directly over the bridge and ran to Darnall. :)

Tinsley Park RD run from Coleridge rd across Greenland RD ,down to the last house at low End I lived there for 25 years

I was a regular patron of the Commercial from 1965 until its demise in the 80's. I also worked at Edgar Allens, who is Bodie?

I worked at Edgars and went in th "Commercial" and I know you CF8M. ooes the name "BLUTO" ring a bell?

---------- Post added 18-07-2015 at 21:06 ----------

Sorry I mean't do'es

Tinsley Park RD run from Coleridge rd across Greenland RD ,down to the last house at low End I lived there for 25 years

Yes, and at the opposite end, runs about three hundred yard or so, to the west of Coleridge Road, from where the old B&C transport was.