Vostok Watches. Better than G Shock?

Does anyone have any experience of the Vostok range of watches? I am aware that they are featured on Ideal World and apparantly have an excellent reputation.

Do they rival G-Shock for reliablity? What are your views.

Thank you!

G shock as in casio?

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 18:31 ----------

If you do mean the casio g-shock then they are as different to the vostok as chalk and cheese.

The casio units are quartz and have a battery whereas most if not all vostok are mechanical watches with either a manual wind or an automatic movement.

Depends what you want from a watch really.

What are your main reasons for thinking of buying either? Weight? Reliability? Looks?

Thanks.

The vostok europe watches are lithuanian made and the originals are russian.

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 18:50 ----------

Some vostok europe models are battery powered.

Which particular models are you looking at?

Hello yellowperil

My current watches are a Rolex and a Go Shock. The G Shock is the g2000 model and has been superlative. Rolex are wanting £450 just for a service!

I am after a rugged, tough sports watch fit for swimming, running etc. Vostok just seemed a different choice. I am aware that the movements are made by Seiko.

Thank you

I have a couple of vostoks (i like russian watches). You also need to look at vostok or vostok europe. The first is Russian and make cheaper but robust mechanical watches initially for the Russian military but more for export now. They are solid performers but not high end.

Vostok Europe use the vostok name but are made in Europe (Germany i think )

They tend to be higher end and usually limited run. Some of them are very nice (i have an Arktika and am trying to find a Kosmodrom).

Both are solid mechanical watches. You'd be suprised how many "designer" watches us cheaper foreign movements.

Watchuseek website has a whole subsection of russian wathc collectors. Some of the komanderski and amphibia are great for the money and are great to collect.

I have a few watches, some expensive but i still wear a komanderski as an everyday watch.

I dont think you can compare a rolex with a g-shock really.

Ones like a kids watch compared to the other.

The Vostok isnt a bad choice if you want a proper mechanical watch at a fair price.

Id go mechanical personally, the g-shock would be a choice for work.

I personally think the Vostok watches are better looking than the G shock I think the G shock would be more robust.

Personally I dont think either two are worth there money you can get much nicer and better watches than those my favourite is Longines a quality watch