I need car help >>

I'm not even sure what a starter motor is.. i'm so clueless :huh::huh::huh:

I cant get back to car till around 5ish either, probably clamped to add the cherry to the cake haha

---------- Post added 13-07-2015 at 20:41 ----------

I got to my car with my fingers crossed but it didn't start :(

Luckily that garage behind sainsburys was open and guy had a look and he suspects it to be the starter motor or something. Got it.it booked in to be looked at, no doubt gonna be expensive!

The garage it's currently in is Nether Edge Garage I think it's called, apparently no obligation free quote but might not be till tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!

---------- Post added 16-07-2015 at 12:10 ----------

So they finally got back to me today, said that the starter motor has gone and it's gonna cost me £137... Whatttttt :(

The garage it's currently in is Nether Edge Garage I think it's called, apparently no obligation free quote but might not be till tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!

---------- Post added 16-07-2015 at 12:10 ----------

So they finally got back to me today, said that the starter motor has gone and it's gonna cost me £137... Whatttttt :(

Does that include the tow?

New motor is £80 from Europarts for 1.3, £45 for 1.2, £69 for 1.0.

Add in removal and re-fitting the new one and you're roughly around the number the OP got.

Yep, they can be awkward as well, I had an Astra Mk 3 1.7TD for 10 years, luckily I didn't have to remove the starter as I never found a way to get a socket or spanner on the mounting bolts.

My Corsa is a 1.2. I think it was more a case of pushing it into the car park than towing, I don't know if they charged me for that?

I'm still waiting to see if they're gonna do it today or not :suspect: