Man stabbed in Sheffield park

This tells us that at this moment in time it's not safe to walk in that area because a group of ten Asians are going about stabbing people. . .

Oh, okay, thanks for the advice.

I've walked through Firth Park hundreds of times over the years and never been stabbed by a gang of knife-wielding youths of any colour, but I think I'll start avoiding the park now. In fact, I think I'll skip work today and stay at home all day, just to be on the safe side.

From what I hear it was a drug related targeted attack.

<snip>

Not in this case as I'm told it was drug related...

Sadly, too much gang related violence in the local and surrounding area (and I mean from Pitsmoor and Burngreave, all the way up Firth Park) is both drug-related and targeted. Because I'm too old to join a gang, and have no interested in the possession, distribution or consumption of illegal substances, I thought I had nothing to fear.

But after reading bobcob's post above, I think I do!

Really? Any evidence for that or just racist guessing?

Fact not racisim. The majority of people in that part of town are from foreign backgrounds. Therefore purely on a law of probabilities its highly likely.

The same as if a crime took place in say Parson Cross which is a majority caucasian area. The likelihood is a criminal activity is caused by a white person.

Its not one group is more criminal than another its just law of probability based on the numbers of the different people living in the different areas.

I am concerned that many violent crimes are being described as 'targetted' as if in some way, that means we can all breathe a sigh of relief as it won't effect us.

What if someone else had witnessed the attack in the park? Would they have been targetted too?

Only yesterday, we heard on the news that the victims in the recent Wood Green shooting were 'not the intended victims'.

So your opinion is that it's okay for white people to go round shooting each other because they're white.

Please show me where I have said that anywhere or stop posting ridiculous false statements like the one above.

---------- Post added 15-07-2015 at 09:51 ----------

Really? Any evidence for that or just racist guessing?

Here we go the old racist card, sorry but if you knew me you'd realise how stupid that comment is.

I am concerned that many violent crimes are being described as 'targetted' as if in some way, that means we can all breathe a sigh of relief as it won't effect us.

What if someone else had witnessed the attack in the park? Would they have been targetted too?

Only yesterday, we heard on the news that the victims in the recent Wood Green shooting were 'not the intended victims'.

We cannot breath a sigh of relief but if it is targeted the likelyhood of you being involved is much lower.

Take for example drug related targeting. If you dont do drugs and are sensible you wont be involved. So the risk to the non criminal majority is lower.

Please show me where I have said that anywhere or stop posting ridiculous false statements like the one above.

---------- Post added 15-07-2015 at 09:51 ----------

Here we go the old racist card, sorry but if you knew me you'd realise how stupid that comment is.

But presumably he doesn't know you, and can only go on what you say here.

There's probably a lesson there.

But presumably he doesn't know you, and can only go on what you say here.

There's probably a lesson there.

Well if that's the case why make stupid statements which don't relate to anything posted by me.?.

Don't let your imagination run riot.

There's a lesson.