Why do so many of you hate the poor?

To borrow from, and to expand on (if that's possible), 'The Hardest (Working) Man in Showbiz': "I hate that there are poor people. It would be much better if poverty was no longer and that those able to work did so"... and were paid a decent wage commensurate to their efforts.

So how many people do you think do "hate the poor"? .... Based upon what evidence?

I don't see much of it.

There are countless posts on this forum judging, demonising the poor, vulnerable and the disabled. More so than any other general discussion forum I know.

There are already posts on this very thread having a pop at the poor for their'sense of entitlement, been lazy, not working, having kids and not contributing like the 'rest of us'

There are already posts on this very thread having a pop at the poor for their 'sense of entitlement, been lazy, not working, having kids and not contributing like the 'rest of us'

There are so many egregious errors in your statement that I'm going to have to break it down a bit.

sense of entitlement

The people on that Channel 4 program are not "The Poor". Not all of them at any rate (unless there are only a couple of dozen poor in the whole country). If someone criticizes the people appearing on on "How to Get a Council House", they're somehow criticizing all the poor? That's quite a leap.

been lazy [sic]

No reference to the poor being lazy in any post prior to the one in which you made that statement (post #13)

having kids

Simply having kids was not an issue, "I think some of them tend to have a number of kids they're not able to adequately support without help from the state" is certainly a true statement. [note the use of the word "some"]

not contributing like the 'rest of us'

Again I can't find anything before your post that says anything like this. There is the comment "that those able to work did so" but that's hardly bashing the poor is it?

There are so many egregious errors in your statement that I'm going to have to break it down a bit.

sense of entitlement

The people on that Channel 4 program are not "The Poor". Not all of them at any rate (unless there are only a couple of dozen poor in the whole country). If someone criticizes the people appearing on on "How to Get a Council House", they're somehow criticizing all the poor? That's quite a leap.

been lazy [sic]

No reference to the poor being lazy in any post prior to the one in which you made that statement (post #13)

having kids

Simply having kids was not an issue, "I think some of them tend to have a number of kids they're not able to adequately support without help from the state" is certainly a true statement. [note the use of the word "some"]

not contributing like the 'rest of us'

Again I can't find anything before your post that says anything like this. There is the comment "that those able to work did so" but that's hardly bashing the poor is it?

But it’s these narratives and insinuations which are aimed at the poor. It’s the same way all the EDL / Ukippers on here use the same discriminatory language against Muslims. If you said ‘blacks that are able to work must do so’ and ‘blacks who have kids should be adequately able to support them’ This would be hating blacks using attacking narratives and discriminatory insinuations to negatively stereotype a particular group of people.

It's odd how you and many others on here don't consider generalising everyone at the bottom of society as being discriminatory.

Edited by gwhite78

There are countless posts on this forum judging, demonising the poor, vulnerable and the disabled. More so than any other general discussion forum I know.

Not 'countless'.

Go and count them and learn that any posts showing hatred of 'the poor' are an extremely small proportion of the total content of this forum.

What other General Discussion forums are you a members of?

But it’s these narratives and insinuations which are aimed at the poor. It’s the same way all the EDL / Ukippers on here use the same discriminatory language against Muslims. If you said ‘blacks that are able to work must do so’ and ‘blacks who have kids should be adequately able to support them’ This would be hating blacks using attacking narratives and discriminatory insinuations to negatively stereotype a particular group of people.

It's odd how you and many others on here don't consider generalising everyone at the bottom of society as being discriminatory.

These statements are true though. And they are not racist. Blacks who are able to work, SHOULD do so.

How is that statement in any way racist?

These statements are true though. And they are not racist. Blacks who are able to work, SHOULD do so.

How is that statement in any way racist?

You really can't tell? Oh, Ron, some people really just don't get it do they? Bless.

You really can't tell? Oh, Ron, some people really just don't get it do they? Bless.

No I cannot.

Whites who are able to work should do.

Is that racist too?

Christians who are able to work should do.

Is that christianaphobic?

People who dye their hair orange who are able to work should do.

Is that orangist?

People who are able to work should do.

Are you too suggesting a hatred of poor people in that statement?